– There’s now a convenient and affordable way to get to the Bishop Museum in Honolulu from Waikiki via trolley. This museum has an impressive collection of Hawaiian artifacts, a planetarium and much more. It’s a wonderful place to visit anytime, but especially on a rainy day on Oahu. Roundtrip tickets are $7.
– Hapuna Prince Beach Resort on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island is undergoing some very significant renovations. The resort will also become a Westin Resort. Personally, we have some mixed feelings as we were fans of the existing resort (see our review), however we recognize that the resort could use some updates. Renovations are due to be complete in early 2018. Learn more about the timeline here.
– Say it ain’t so — but Shore Bird and Ocean House restaurants at the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort are both closing and will reopen under new names, concepts and renovations per Pacific Business Journal.
– There have been some recent shark sightings in the news at Waimea Bay — making it a good time to remind you of our article about sharks in Hawaii and tips to reduce the risk of shark injury.
– US and Canada residents (with some restrictions) can enter to win a Maui vacation including accommodations, airfare, rental car and more. See the official rules here. Note that this sweepstakes is being used for the solicitation of timeshares.
– It might be time to plan your winter warm up as Hawaiian Airlines has fares on sale starting from $377 roundtrip. The sale fares are good for travel Mondays through Thursdays between January 10 and March 22, 2018. You must book by September 21, 2017 for this sale.