Waikiki is a very popular destination to visit for the Thanksgiving holiday. While many North American residents will be wearing long-trousers and shirts and sweaters for Thanksgiving, most visitors to Waikiki will be donning swimsuits, shorts and Aloha shirts. If you are one of the lucky ones planning a trip to Waikiki over this Thanksgiving, we’ve created these suggestions for where to dine and special events to catch over the holiday weekend.
Waikiki Thanksgiving Brunch Buffets
The following Waikiki Beach restaurants are offering special Thanksgiving brunch buffets. If a restaurant has an ocean view, we note it.
— Hau Tree Lanai at the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel offers a Thanksgiving Day Brunch buffet from 10am to 2pm: $59 adults / $29 child. See the menu here. This restaurant has an ocean front view.
— 100 Sails Restaurant at the Waikiki Prince offers a Thanksgiving Day Brunch buffet from 9am to 2pm: $69 adults / $34.50 child. See the menu here. This restaurant has harbor/ocean views.
Waikiki Thanksgiving Dinner Buffets
The following Waikiki Beach restaurants are offering special Thanksgiving buffets. Most of the including traditional Thanksgiving fare with turkey and traditional Thanksgiving sides. If a restaurant has an ocean view, we make note of that.
– MAC 24/7 at Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel (not the Hilton Hawaiian Village): $49 adults/$24 child. Details here.
— 100 Sails Restaurant at Prince Waikiki: $69 adult / $34.50 child. See the menu here. This restaurant has harbor/ocean views.
– Kai Market at Sheraton Waikiki: $78 adult/ $35 child. Details here. This restaurant has an ocean view.
— Japengo at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort Thanksgiving Buffet: $85 per adults / $42.50 per child. See the menu here. The new dining terrace at Japengo has ocean views.
– Beachhouse at the Moana Surfrider: $80 adult/ $40 child. Details here. This restaurant has an ocean view.
— Waikiki Starlight Luau Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet at the Hilton Hawaiian Village: $159 adult / $65 child. In addition to their regular buffet menu, special thanksgiving items will be included — such as roasted turkey, cornbread stuffing, guava and honey baked ham and pumpkin cheesecake. Call 808-941-5828 for more information.
Waikiki Thanksgiving Prix-Fixe (Set Menu) Dining
The following Waikiki Beach restaurants are offering Thanksgiving-themed set menus. In some cases the restaurant’s standard, a la carte menu will also be available.
— Tiki’s Bar & Grill at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel: three-course Thanksgiving Dinner for $38. See the menu here. This restaurant has ocean views.
— Tropics Bar and Grill at Hilton Hawaiian Village is offering a special Thanksgiving menu items in addition to their regular menu. See the special and regular menu here. This restaurant has ocean views.
— Bali Steak and Seafood at Hilton Hawaiian Village: three-course dinner for $89 adults / $45 children. See the menu here. This restaurant has ocean views.
— Azure at the Royal Hawaiian: four-course dinner $125 per person. See the menu here. This restaurant has an ocean view.
Other Waikiki Thanksgiving Dining Options
Couldn’t find what you were looking for in the previous two sections? Are you having trouble making reservations? Check OpenTable for more options.
Thanksgiving Dinners Just Outside of Waikiki in Honolulu
Holiday events and things to see and do in Waikiki over Thanksgiving weekend
– 42nd Annual Turkey Trot – is a 10-mile fun run where the prizes don’t necessarily go to the fastest runners but to the runners who finish close to their predicted time. The event is held on Thanksgiving morning. Learn more about this event and registration here.
– The Waikiki Holiday Parade will be held on Friday, November 24th, starting at 7pm. This parade travels approximately 1.5 miles through Waikiki along Kalakaua Avenue — starting at Kalakaua Avenue and Saratoga Road and finishing at Queen Kapiolani Park. The event is expect to have 4,000 marchers, 40 vehicles and 38 bands. For more information, see this link.
— The amazing Christmas-themed sand sculptures should be freshly finished and on display at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel.
– The Royal Hawaiian Center holds their Holiday Kick Off event on Wednesday, November 22nd starting at 5pm with entertainment and lighting their 25-foot Christmas tree. Santa Marty will be there and available for photos. See more details and the schedule here.
– Pricing does not typically include taxes and gratuity. Verify pricing when you book.
— We may be adding more Thanksgiving dinner options and events so do check back.
– When you arrive on island, check with the concierge for additional Thanksgiving dining and events at your resort and pick up a copy of the Star-Advertiser.