This page is up to date for 2018!
Waikiki is a very popular destination to visit for the Thanksgiving holiday. While many North American residents be dressed for chilly weather, Honolulu visitors will be donning swimsuits, shorts and Aloha shirts for Waikiki’s endless summer weather.
If you are one of the lucky ones planning a trip to Waikiki over this Thanksgiving, we’ve created this guide for where to dine and what special events to catch over Thanksgiving weekend.
Waikiki Thanksgiving Brunch Buffets
The following Waikiki Beach restaurants are offering special Thanksgiving brunch buffets. If a restaurant has an ocean view, we note it.
— Hau Tree Lanai at the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel offers a Thanksgiving Day brunch buffet from 10am to 2pm: $65 adults / $32 child. See the menu here. This restaurant has an ocean front view. It is located on the “Diamond Head side” of Waikiki.
Waikiki Thanksgiving Dinner Buffets, Luaus & Dinner Cruises
The following Waikiki Beach restaurants are offering special Thanksgiving dinner buffets. Most of the including traditional Thanksgiving fare with turkey and traditional Thanksgiving sides. If a restaurant has an ocean view, we make note of that.
— Cinnamon’s at the Illikai Hotel buffet: $33.95 adults / $23.95 seniors and children. See menu here. Note that they are also serving special Thanksgiving a la carte menu items. This restaurant has ocean/harbor views.
— Orchids at the Halekulani: $115 adult / $49 child. An online buffet menu is not available. This restaurant is ocean front.
— Waikiki Starlight Luau Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet at the Hilton Hawaiian Village: Pricing $175 adult / $140 child. In addition to their regular luau buffet menu, special thanksgiving items will be included. Call 808-941-5828 or see this link for more information.
— Atlantis Adventures will offer a Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise: $109 per adult / $56 per child. Details here.
Waikiki Thanksgiving A La Carte & Prix-Fixe (Set Menu) Dining
The following Waikiki Beach restaurants are offering Thanksgiving-themed menus. In some cases the restaurant’s standard, a la carte menu will also be available.
Other Waikiki Thanksgiving Dining Options
Couldn’t find what you were looking for in the previous two sections? Are you having trouble making reservations? Enter your desired time, date, location on OpenTable to search for available options.
Thanksgiving Dinners just outside of Waikiki in Honolulu
Holiday events and things to see and do in Waikiki over Thanksgiving weekend
– The Royal Hawaiian Center in Waikiki holds their Holiday Kick Off event on Wednesday, November 21st starting at 5:30 pm with entertainment and lighting their 25-foot Christmas tree. Santa Marty will be there and available for photos. See more details and the schedule here.
– 43rd Annual Turkey Trot – is a 10-mile fun run where the prizes don’t necessarily go to the fastest runners, but to the runners who finish close to their self-predicted time. The event is held on Thanksgiving morning. Learn more here.
– The Waikiki Holiday Parade will be held on Friday, November 23th, starting at 7pm. The parade is expected to have 4,000 marchers, 40 vehicles and 38 bands. The route travels approximately 1.5 miles through Waikiki along Kalakaua Avenue — starting at Kalakaua Avenue and Saratoga Road and finishing at Queen Kapiolani Park. The event is expect to have 4,000 marchers, 40 vehicles and 38 bands. For more information, see this link.
– Pricing does not typically include taxes and gratuity. Verify pricing when you book.
— We may be adding more Thanksgiving dinner options and events so do check back.
– When you arrive on island, check with the concierge for additional Thanksgiving dining and events at your resort and pick up a copy of the Star-Advertiser.