* A brand new zip line is due to open on the Big Island in November. Zip Isle will be the first zip line adventure tour to open on the Big Island. From their Web site, it appears that they’ll begin operating November 23rd and the rate is $87 per person. Zip Isle is located northwest of Hilo at the World Botanical Gardens and Umauma Falls.
* Want to visit Hawaii and volunteer, too? Preserve Hawaii lists some excellent volunteer opportunities. (Hat tip to Dave)
* Aqua Hotels & Resorts will take over management of the [Hilton] Kauai Beach Resort as of January 1, 2010, per the Pacific Business Journal. It seems like there’s been quite a few hotel management changes in Hawaii this year, doesn’t it?
* TravelZoo just released this 10-night New Years Eve Hawaii land and cruise deal for $999 per person. That would be an excellent way to ring in 2010.
* Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice 2009 Awards named Maui and Kauai the best islands in the world. The Big Island, Oahu and Lana’i were listed among the top 10 Pacific Islands. Three Four Seasons Hawaii hotels were named to the esteemed top 100 list. Those Four Seasons resorts are on Maui, the Big Island and Lana’i (Koele Lodge). No surprises here!