If you are searching for Waikiki and Oahu New Year’s Eve events for the upcoming new year’s eve, we’ve published that new page! Go here —> Waikiki, Honolulu & Oahu New Year’s Eve
The following list is from 2014/2015 for reference purposes only. Many links will no longer be active. For this coming New Year’s Eve, see our new, most updated article: Waikiki, Honolulu & Oahu New Year’s Eve Fireworks, Clubs, Parties and Dining.
Oahu is a fantastic island to welcome in the new year. Waikiki Beach and Honolulu will be particularly lively with entertainment, festive dining and, of course, amazing fireworks at midnight.
Here’s what’s happening this New Year’s Eve (December 31, 2014) to celebrate 2015.
New Year’s Eve Fireworks
* Waikiki Beach hosts a fireworks show from a barge just offshore from Waikiki Beach. The show starts at 11:55pm with one firework every minute before midnight. Then at midnight, the big fireworks show begins. If you have a radio nearby, tune in to Hawaiian 105 KINE FM to enjoy music timed with the fireworks. For more information, see this link. This fireworks show is free and open to the public. You can watch the display from the beach.
* The “Party of the Year” puts on an hourly fireworks show starting at 9pm with the grand finale fireworks display at midnight. In addition to the fireworks show, this party includes, live music and DJs, fire dancers, rides, games and and many food trucks. This event is held at Kaka’ako Waterfront Park in Honolulu. Ticket pricing starts at $45.
* Ko Olina fireworks will be on display at the lagoon fronting the Aulani Disney Resort and the JW Marriott Ihilani. If you aren’t staying at either of these Ko Olina resorts, considering making a special evening by dining at one of these resorts before the midnight fireworks show. Here’s a link to the special dinner and entertainment hosted by JW Marriott Ihilani and here’s the general link to Aulani dining.
New Year’s Eve Waikiki Concerts, Cruises, Parties & Clubs
* Tiki Drop 2015 at Tiki’s Grill and Bar at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel includes live bands, DJs, champagne toast and view of the midnight Waikiki Beach fireworks show. Pre-sale tickets, available through 12/25, start at $5. See this link for more information and to purchase tickets.
* The Royal Hawaiian hosts their Pink Party at the Monarch Terrace, Ocean Lawn and Mai Tai Bar with views of the Waikiki fireworks show. General admission is $75. For $199 you can reserve a table plus enjoy the buffet specialty stations. Premium VIP table, buffet and a glass of champagne is $225 per person. See the menu here. For more information and reservations, call the Starwood Dining Desk at 808-921-4600.
* New Year’s Eve Banyan Party at the Moana Surfrider’s Banyan Courtyard will offer live music, guest DJ, fire dancer and more. Guests will be able to view the Waikiki Beach fireworks on the beach side of the banyan tree. Ticket pricing starts at $100 for adults and $50 for children. For more information see this link.
* New Year’s Eve Party at RumFire, an oceanfront night club, will feature two DJs for their Reveal 2015 party. Guests must be age 21 or older. Tickets start at $85 (pre-sale) and can be purchased at this link.
* The Star of Honolulu is offering special dinner and cocktail cruises with fireworks views with pricing starting at $179 per person.
Waikiki New Year’s Eve Prix-Fixe/Set Menu Dinners
* D. K. Steak House at the Marriott Waikiki Beach: a special four-course dinner for $68 in addition to their standard menu. See this link for more information. This restaurant has ocean views from the outdoor tables.
* Duke’s Waikiki at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort is offering a three-course dinner for $75. This restaurant is oceanfront.
* The Beachhouse at the Moana Surfrider will offer prix-fixe dinners in two different seating time spans. The earlier seating (until 7:30pm) offers four courses for $100 for adults and $45 for children. The later seating time span, from 8:30pm to 10:30pm, includes five courses for $185 for adults and $75 for children. Guests dining at the second seating will also have access to the Banyan Courtyard New Year’s Eve Celebration. See this link for more information. This restaurant has an ocean view.
* Azure Restaurant at the The Royal Hawaiian will offer two seating options. The earlier seating (5:30pm to 7pm) presents a four-course dinner for $250. A five-course dinner for $275 will be offered at the second seating from 8pm to 9:15 pm. Both options include general admission into the Pink Party which is mentioned under the parties section. This restaurant has an ocean view.
* Also see the Pride of Honolulu dinner cruise options listed in the above section.
Waikiki New Year’s Eve Dinner Buffets
Other Waikiki Restaurants Open for New Year’s Eve
The following restaurants are open and have seating available on New Year’s Eve at the time of publishing. They may offer a special menu for the evening, however that information was not available at the time of publishing.
* Oceanarium at the Pacific Beach Hotel is open for New Year’s Eve.
* Ruth Chris Steak House at the Waikiki Beach Walk (226 Lewers Street) in Waikiki – this restaurant usually provides special holiday menus in addition to their standard menu.
As you’re making your Waikiki, Honolulu and Oahu New Year’s Eve plans and reviewing this list of great things to do, please note the following:
- We recommend you make reservations, order tickets, etc. as soon as possible to secure the place and time you like.
- Unless otherwise stated, you can assume that taxes and gratuities are not included in the listed prices.
- In most cases, children age five years and under dine free, but verify that when making reservations.
- All pricing, schedules and plans were accurate at the time of publishing.
- Several Waikiki Beach hotel-based restaurants will be open on New Year’s Eve. Check directly with the concierge of your accommodations for their special meals and events.
- As New Year’s Eve approaches, I’ll be adding more events, so do check back.
- If you are visiting Waikiki at Christmastime, see our Waikiki Christmas Guide.
- Learn how to say Happy New Year in Hawaii: Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!