Hawaii Vacation Deals & News: November 27, 2013
– Hawaiian Airlines is putting winter fares on sale starting at $357 roundtrip! This Thanksgiving sale only lasts for five days starting tomorrow, November 28. You must book by December 2 for travel between January 8 through March 10, 2014. Book as soon as possible for best availability. Here’s a sampling of the roundtrip fares in this sale:
- San Jose to Maui $357
- Portland to Honolulu $357
- Seattle to Honolulu $386
- Oakland to Maui $397
- Los Angeles to Honolulu $420
- New York to Honolulu $680
- These roundtrip fares include taxes and fees, except for checked baggage fees. See these and more fares at this link.
– Check out the guest post I wrote for the Outrigger blog on the top 5 reasons Poipu Beach makes a great base for a Kauai vacation.
– While we’re talking about Poipu, don’t forget to enter to win a five-night stay at Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation resort in the heart of Poipu Beach. (Just a little fine print reminder — per the giveaway sponsor, this sweepstakes is open to legal US residents who are age 21 years and older. Airfare is not included.)
– Travelzoo is offering a nice getaway deal on a three-night stay at Travaasa Hana for $333 per night instead of the regular rate of $585 per night. The deal includes roundtrip airfare from Kahului airport to Hana airport plus activity, dining and spa credits. This deal is valid through May with some black out dates.
– If you’re thinking of a trip to Hawaii, the Big Island, Travelzoo has two excellent deals on a couple of Prince properties on the Kohala Coast. Choose from four-star Hapuna Prince for approximately $200 per night with a three-night stay or five-star Mauna Kea Beach Hotel for approximately $300 per night with a three-night stay. You can combine vouchers for stays longer than three nights. These deals are sweetened with upgrade to an ocean view room plus your choice of a round of golf or $100 dining credit. Read more about both of these deals here.
– 2014 Hawaii Entertainment coupon books are on sale at 30% off plus free shipping, These coupon books offer excellent Oahu luau discounts which usually more than pay for the cost of the book. Coupons are valid through November 1, 2014. See our discussion on Hawaii entertainment books. This sale is valid through 12/01/2013 11:59 PM EST.
– If you’re planning to observe the honu (sea turtles) on Oahu’s Laniakea Beach, you might want to make alternate plans. The state barricaded the parking area of this popular spot, making a stop at this site a much bigger challenge.