– Disney’s Oahu resort, Aulani, is expanding their amenities with new infinity edge pool, restaurant and shop. This youtube video provides and overview of these enhancements that are due to be finished by October 19.
– Maui’s Honua Kai Resort opened their new spa, Ho’ola Spa. To celebrate this addition, the resort is offering a “stay and spa” package saving up to $400. Learn more here.
– Hawaiian Airlines has added the use of tablets loaded with first-run, full length movies, television shows and interactive games. Tablet access is free for first and business class passengers. Coach/economy passengers can pay $15 in the departure lounge or $17 onboard to rent the tablet. See more about this new in-flight entertainment amenity here.
– Aston Hotels and Resorts are offering a million mile sweepstakes. The top prize is a million HawaiianMiles (Hawaiian Airlines frequent flier miles) for free flights to Hawaii. Other prizes include 65,000 HawaiianMiles plus a four-night stay in an Aston hotel or condominium. The contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. For details and sweepstakes entry, see this link.
– You can book a room at the Hilton Waikoloa Resort on Hawaii, the Big Island, for rates as low as $129 per night plus a $25 resort fee. This is the lowest rate I’ve ever seen for this resort. See more details here. This is the resort that the Robertsons of Duck Dynasty chose for their Hawaii vacation.
– Hope that Kona Village Resort will reopen is diminishing. A recent Hawaii Tribune Herald story indicates that entities needed to release the insurance funds are holding back the money from this tsunami-battered resort. We continue to hope the best for this unique bungalow-style resort.