Hawaii Vacation Deals & News: January 25, 2012
* Disney’s Aulani Resort is offering a Spring special of 6th night free and complimentary continental breakfast each day during your stay. See all the details here.
* Aqua’s Kauai Beach Resort is offering rates as low as $159 including daily breakfast buffet, but you must book before January 31 and complete your stay by December 31, 2012.
* Speaking of Kauai, Hawaiian Airlines has put Kauai fares on sale for travel between now and March 14 and again from April 24 through June 8, 2012. Fares from the Bay area start from $363. For this sale, you must book by January 31.
* JetBlue is teaming up with Hawaiian Airlines to make connections easy. Per JetBlue’s website, “Transfer from JetBlue to Hawaiian’s service at Los Angeles (LAX). Beginning June 4th, transfer to Hawaiian’s new non-stop service to Honolulu at New York (JFK).” Read more about this partnership on Smarter Travel.
* Do you want to make this Valentine’s Day extra special with your spouse? Outrigger Resorts is offering free vow renewals across resorts in all the major islands. Participating resorts are Kapalua Villas Maui, Keauhou Beach Resorts on Hawaii’s Big Island, Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation on Kauai and Outrigger Reef on the Beach in Oahu. Andy and I renewed our vows at Outrigger Reef on the Beach in 2009 and it was a lovely ceremony.
* If you’ll be staying in Waikiki, check out the special farm to table prix fixe menus at and Sansei Seafood Restaurant on Wednesdays and d.k. Steak House on Thursdays. They’re great values for four-course dinners under $50.
* What’s the average room rate in the state of Hawaii? According to the latest report, the rate is $199.63 which is up 7% over the same time period last year. Occupancy is also up by 2.7% overall. Hawaii’s tourism recovery appears to be well on the mend.
* Have you seen the movie The Decendants? This award-nominated movie was partly filmed in Kauai and is expected to boost tourism per TheGardenIsland.com.
* Will Kauai’s historic Coco Palms Resort ever be revived? Here’s the most recent news about Coco Palms that doesn’t sound very encouraging.
* The USPS offers five new Hawaii themed postcard stamp with Aloha shirt designs.
I am going to have to go and pick up those stamps for the people I trade postcards with around the world.
Karen — I bet they’ll treasure those postcards. The aloha shirt design is so Hawaii!