Hawaii Vacation Deals & News: November 17, 2010
Here’s what’s shakin’ in the news and deals department this week.
* The Big Island’s Mauna Kea Beach Hotel is offering their “best rates for 2011” now. Rates start from $325 per night at this luxury resort, but what I think is the best part of this offer is that for an additional $30 per night they’ll add a rental car or daily breakfast for two. See more here.
* This $119 Kauai deal for an ocean view room is pretty sweet. The deal is valid through January, 2011, with blackout dates of December 26-31, 2010.
* There’s a new, hip luxury hotel in Waikiki called the Waikiki Edition. These swank digs are located on the Ewa win of the Ilikai Hotel and somewhat sandwiched between Ala Moana shopping center and the Hilton Hawaiian Village.. See this Google maps link with the hotel’s location marked. KHON has a nice write up and video about the hotel’s opening.
* Do you love watching graceful hula dancers? If so, you might want to make plans to go to the 21st Annual Moanikeala Hula Festival at Oahu’s Polynesian Cultural Center on January 15, 2011. The event features some of the world’s best hula halau (schools). For more information, see this link.
* Another great cultural event you might want to mark on your calendar is the 2011 Honolulu Festival, happening March 11 – 13, 2011. See this link to get more information on the 17th Annual Honolulu Festival. The fireworks show looks like it will be amazing.