Looking for what to do New Year’s Eve this year? See our updated post by clicking the following link —> Waikiki Honolulu Oahu Fireworks & Dining for New Year’s Eve
The following list is for New Year’s Eve December 31, 2010 for reference purposes only. Once again, if you are looking for the events to say aloha to the coming new year, see this link to what’s happening on Oahu for New Year’s Eve.
Will you be in Waikiki and Honolulu, Oahu to bid a fond aloha to 2010 as you welcome in 2011? If so, you’ve chosen an exciting time to visit Waikiki and Honolulu! Whether you’d like to celebrate with a romantic multi-course, beach-side dinner or dance until the first few wee hours of the new year or ring in the new year with a bang to fireworks, you’ll find what you’re looking for in this comprehensive list of New Year’s Eve events. You’ll find so many things to do in Waikiki Beach and Honolulu, that you may have a challenge choosing. Here’s what’s happening:
New Year’s Eve Fireworks
* Waikiki Beach New Year’s Eve fireworks – at midnight, enjoy watching the night sky light up with fireworks on the world famous Waikiki Beach.
* Honolulu’s Aloha Tower Marketplace will ring in 2011 with New Year’s Eve “Party of the Year” featuring seven stages of entertainment, dancing and waterfront dining in one big block party. One cover charge (starting at $20 pre-sale) gives you access to all seven stages. You must be at least 21 years old to participate in this party. The feature of the evening is the spectacular fireworks display over Honolulu Harbor at midnight. (This fireworks show is usually the biggest on the island.) Visit AlohaTower.com or call (808) 566-2377 for more information. If you’re looking for an extra special place to dine at Aloha Tower Marketplace, check out multi-award winning Chai Island Bistro’s multi-course New Year’s Eve Dinner. (See my review of Chai Island Bistro.)
New Years Eve Cocktail & Dinner Cruises with Fireworks Views
One way to celebrate New Year’s Eve and then see the midnight fireworks from Honolulu Harbor is aboard a dinner cruise.
* Atlantis Navatek Cruises will host a special New Year’s Eve Cruise including appetizers,desserts, entertainment, and party favors on December 31 from 10:30pm – 12:45am. The view of fireworks from the Navatek should be beautiful. Costs for the New Year’s Eve Cruise are $155 per person for standard seating and $180 per person for premium window seating. For more information and reservations see this link or call 1-800-548-6262
* Star of Honolulu offers several different cruise packages for cocktails or dinner and entertainment. See this link for their options. Pricing starts at $70 per person. Note that convenient roundtrip transportation from Waikiki can be added for $10 per person.
New Year’s Eve Waikiki Dining
* Hau Tree Lanai will feature a new Year’s Eve Dinner for $85 per person. Their romantic oceanfront setting is just about as close as you can get to the beach without getting splashed by a wave. See the this link for their holiday menu. For information on reservations, see this link.
* Prince Court: at Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki will offer a New Year’s Eve Dinner Buffet on Friday, December 31 from 5:30-10 pm. Some of the special buffet stations include Sushi, Seafood, Vietnamese Pho, and Roast & Kalua Pig for $69 per adult and $34.50 per child ages 6-10. For more information and reservations, please call (808) 944-4494.
* The Pikake Terrace of the Sheraton Kaiulani presents New Year’s Eve dinner buffet from 6pm to 10pm. Pricing is $54.50 for adults and $27.25 for children ages 5 to 12. See the menu here. For reservations call 808-921-4600.
* Kai Market at the Sheraton Waikiki will offer a New Year’s Eve dinner buffet from 5pm to 10pm. The menu featuring many Hawaii regional dishes.The price is $85 for adults and $25 for children ages 6 to 12. For more information and reservations, call (808) 921-4600 or email email@example.com
* Hakone at Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki presents a New Year’s Eve Dinner Buffet on Friday, December 31 from 5-9 pm includes favorite Japanese dishes. Buffet prices are for $51 per adult and $24.50 per child ages 6-10. For more information and reservations, please call (808) 944-4494.
* Bali Steak & Seafood at Hilton Hawaiian Village plans a four-course New Year’s Eve Dinner with the first seating at 6pm and a cost of $160 per person. The second seating is at 8:30pm with a cost of $190. Main entrée selections include Petit Filet Mignon, Half Butter Poached Kona Maine Lobster, Pan Roasted Maple Leaf Duck Breast or Parisienne Herb Gnocchi. These special entrées will be complemented by starters highlighted by items such as Foie Gras Torchon, Hamachi Sashimi and Baked Fanny Bay Oysters “Luau.” Dessert will be Waialua Chocolate Cake and Raspberry Mousse Dome with Lillikoi Créme. View Menu. For reservations, call 808-941-BALI (2254)
* P.F. Chang’s Waikiki at the Royal Hawaiian Center introduces a new “3-Course Meal” that will include an entrée, cup of soup, mini dessert, and glass of wine. Entrée choices include Asian Marinated New York Strip, Mahi-Mahi, Ooland Marinated Sea Bass, Asian Grilled Salmon, or Salmon Steamed with Ginger. Prices range from $29.95-$34.95 depending upon the entrée selection.
* Rainbow Lanai at the Hilton Hawaiian Village will present a New Year’s Eve Buffet from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. (View Menu) Pricing is $55 per adult $55; $32 for children $32 (12 and under).
* Moana Surfrider’s Beachhouse will feature a four-course New Year’s Eve Dinner from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. See the first seating menu and pricing here. Then a later seating, five-course dinner will be offered from 8:30pm to 10:30pm. See the second seating menu and pricing here. For more information and reservations, call (808) 921-4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Tiki’s Grill & Bar will offer a Special Prix Fixe Menu. After dinner, move out to the lanai for their annual New Year’s Eve Party – Tiki Drop 2011! They’ll * Waikiki’s18th floor, revolving-restaurant Top of Waikiki will offer a four-course New Years Eve dinner for $75 per person before 9pm and $95 after 9pm with a champagne toast. For reservations, call 808-923-3877 or book online at their website.have two live bands, Hawaii’s top DJ’s, drink specials and a champagne toast at midnight as you watch the fireworks over the water at Waikiki Beach!
New Year’s Eve Waikiki Concerts & Clubs & Parties
* RumFire and the Edge of Waikiki, the oceanfront bars at Sheraton Waikiki, will host a special New Year’s Eve parties. Presale tickets start at $40. Tickets purchased the day of the event are $50. You must be 21 or older. See this link for more information.
* Internationally acclaimed impressionist André-Philippe Gagnon, and the most successful recording duo from Hawaii, Cecilio and Kapono, will close out 2010 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village on New Year’s Eve. Doors to the Coral Ballroom will open at 9 p.m.; Gagnon will take the stage at 9:15 for an hour, followed by Cecilio & Kapono from 10:30pm through the start of 2011. The cost of the New Year’s Eve concert is $100 for premier seating and $75 for general seating. The price includes a half bottle of champagne and party favors. Tickets went on sale Friday, December 10 in the hotel’s main lobby. For further information, call the Hilton Hawaiian Village at 1-808-949-4321.
* At Moana Surfrider’s Banyan Courtyard and Lani Kai Ballroom, a dessert “Pre-Resolution Party” will be offered from 9pm to 1am. See the details here.
* Tiki’s Grill & Bar will have live music, DJs, drink specials and views of the Waikiki fireworks show.
*Twenty Eleven Lounge & Nightclub at Paradise Lounge in the Rainbow Tower of Hilton Hawaiian Village hosts a New Year’s Eve party. Top island band, Beach 5, will perform from 9 p.m. to midnight and a DJ will be spinning throughout the night. Ten different champagnes will be available by the glass, along with a full bar and dancing all evening long. The cover charge of $25 for Lounge Twenty Eleven will be waived for anyone dining at Bali Steak & Seafood, Tropics Bar & Grill and Rainbow Lanai on New Year’s Eve. Reserved VIP tables for up to six guests will be available at the lounge for an additional fee.
* If you are looking for something out of the ordinary to do, then consider a challenging in a race against father time in downtown Honolulu and Chinatown with the Ravenchase Quest for Father Time. The cost is $110 per person which includes game play plus an after-party. For more information see this link or call (888) 702-9039.
* Also see the Aloha Tower Marketplace “Party of the Year” mentioned above.
As you’re making your New Year’s Eve plans and reviewing this list, please take not of this information:
- I recommend you make reservations, order tickets, etc. as soon as possible to secure the place and time you like.
- Unless otherwise stated, you can assume that taxes and gratuities are not included in the listed prices.
- Most Waikiki Beach hotel-based restaurants will be open on New Year’s Eve Check directly with the concierge of your accommodations for their special meals and events.
- As New Year’s Eve approaches, most likely, I’ll be adding more events, so do check back.
So, pack your bags and start practicing how to say Happy New Year in Hawaii: Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!