Hawaii Vacation Deals & News: March 30, 2010
* Entrance to all of America’s national parks will be free during National Park Week from April 17 – 25, 2010. So take advantage of that special offer whether you’re visiting Hawaii or on the US mainland. Some popular Hawaii national parks that charge entrance fees are:
- Pu’uhonua o Honaunau (Place of Refuge) on Hawaii’s Big Island – $5 parking fee per vehicle.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on Hawaii’s Big Island – $10 entrance fee per vehicle.
- Haleakala National Park has two different entry areas, but one $10 fee applies to both. There’s the summit that popular for watching sunrise and the Kipahulu area that’s off the road to Hana.
* How would you like to score a hotel room in Waikiki for $40 per night? To celebrate 40 years of hospitality at Ala Moana Hotel, the hotel is offering 40 days of 40 rooms offered at only $40 per night. This special rate will apply to stays from April 22 through May 31, 2010. You can’t book the rooms until April 15th. You must book online and have a minimum stay of 3 nights and a maximum stay of 5 nights. See this link for more details.
* My friends at Big Island on the Cheap are giving away a free e-book and coupons for the Merrie Monarch Festival on the Big Island.
Thanks for the shout out, Sheila!
Really beautiful image.
Thanks, Kim. It’s definitely not a typical view of Hawaii.