* You have probably seen the news about the major, new volcanic activity on Hawaii (Big) Island. The images of lava fissures opening and fountains of lava spewing high into the air are incredible! (For a sample of images and videos, check out Db Photo on Facebook.) Though lava activity is quite impressive and sadly destructive, the activity is currently isolated to a relatively small, residential area in East Hawaii. The Hawaii Island Visitor Bureau has created a useful fact and resource page to inform current and potential visitors. For further updates, check for special alerts on GoHawaii.com.
* Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has modified their operating hours to 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. for safety purposes while the volcano activity and numerous earthquakes are volatile. Check their website and Facebook page for updates.
* Kauai is still recovering from the record breaking flood. For updates on their progress, check this Kauai page for special alerts.
* Hawaiian Airlines is giving away 200,000 HawaiianMiles and a 4-night stay at the Sheraton Waikiki through their Ce-lei-brate Aloha photo contest. Learn more here.
* Southwest Airlines announced the specific routes they intend to fly to and from Hawaii. They’ve also stated that they intend to offer interisland flights. See more about the routes and their plans here.