For the 2015/2016 update see this link –> Waikiki New Year’s Eve Fireworks & Dining 2015/2016
The following information is from December 31, 2013 for reference purposes only.
In Hawaii, Oahu can’t be beat for all the great New Year’s Eve celebration choices. Whether you’re looking for a quiet and elegant dinner under the stars or a place to dance the night away, you’ll definitely have several options to welcome in 2014 on Oahu.
New Year’s Eve Fireworks
Oahu will be hosting three excellent fireworks shows at midnight.
* Waikiki Beach hosts a fireworks show from a barge just offshore from Waikiki Beach. The show starts at 11:55pm with one firework every minute before midnight. Then at midnight, the big show begins. If you have a radio nearby, tune in to Hawaiian 105 KINE FM to enjoy music timed with the fireworks. For more information, see this link. This fireworks show is free and open to the public. You can watch the display from the beach or from many of the parties that we mention in the next section.
* The “Party of the Year” provides a fireworks show every hour starting at 9pm to build excitement for the big finale at midnight. In addition to the fireworks show, this party includes, live music and DJs, a ferris wheel, games and and over 40 food trucks. Read more about the attractions here. This event is held at Kaka’ako Waterfront Park in Honolulu. Ticket pricing starts at $30.
* Ko Olina resort on Oahu’s leeward coast will host a fireworks show from the lagoon fronting the Disney Aulani resort and JW Marriott Ihilani resort. In recent years, the resort hosted a show across all lagoons, however this smaller show will only be focused at one lagoon. As such, space is very, very limited and the show is not widely open to the general public. (Updated 12/27)
* For many years, Honolulu’s Aloha Tower Marketplace has put on one of the bigger fireworks shows on the island. We have confirmed that Aloha Tower Marketplace will not be hosting New Year’s Eve fireworks this year due to some redevelopment taking place on the property. (Updated 12/16)
New Year’s Eve Waikiki Concerts, Cruises, Parties & Clubs
* The Royal Hawaiian hosts their Pink Party at the Monarch Terrace, Ocean Lawn and Mai Tai Bar with views of the Waikiki fireworks show. General admission is $50. For $199 you can reserve a table plus dine as specialty stations. For more information and reservations, call the Starwood Dining Desk at 808-921-4600.
* New Year’s Eve Celebration at the Banyan Courtyard at the oceanfront Moana Surfrider hotel should have Waikiki Beach fireworks views. Pre-sale tickets are $75 for adults and $35 for children. For more information see this link.
* The Star of Honolulu is offering special dinner and cocktail cruises with fireworks views with pricing starting at $75.
* New Year’s Eve Part at RumFire takes a roaring 1920’s prohibition speakeasy spin on the evening. See details about this party here. Guests must be age 21 or older. Tickets start at $75 and can be purchased at this link. RumFire is an oceanfront bar at the Sheraton Waikiki. (Added 12/6)
* Tiki Drop 2014 at Tiki’s Grill and Bar at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel includes live bands, champagne toast and view of the midnight Waikiki Beach fireworks show. Pre-sale tickets, available through 12/10, start at $5. After 12/10, the ticket cost is $10. See this link for more information. (Added 12/6)
* New Year’s Eve Dance Party at the Hilton Hawaiian Village starts with the Magic of Mark Mauricio then the dance party starts with Little Albert, Casey Thompson, Christina Souza, Jessica Sands and Monika Nabarrett along with a 12-piece band and go-go dancers. Tickets are $100. See this link for more information. (Added 12/18)
* The Waikiki Starlight Luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village moves to the resort’s Great Lawn for New Year’s Eve. This picturesque location fronts the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon. Pricing is $125 for adults and $62.50 for children. (Added 12/18)
* Hilton Hawaiian Village’s Tropics Bar & Grill will have special New Year’s Eve entertainment until 12:30am by Kailua Bay Buddies and Typical Hawaiians. This venue is ocean front. (Updated 12/18)
Waikiki New Year’s Eve Prix-Fixe/Set Menu Dinners
* D. K. Steak House at the Marriott Waikiki Beach: four courses for $65. See this link for more information.
* The Beachhouse at the Moana Surfrider will offer prix-fixe dinners in two different seating time spans. The earlier seating (until 7:30pm) offers four courses for $100 for adults and $45 for children. The later seating time span, from 8:30pm to 10:30pm, includes five courses for $185 for adults and $75 for children. Guests dining at the second seating will also have access to the Banyan Courtyard New Year’s Eve Celebration. See this link for more information. This restaurant has an ocean view.
* Tiki’s at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is offering a four-course dinner complete with a lobster and filet entree for $59 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Tiki’s also has a limited number of tables for the special 9:00 pm and later Champagne Oceanfront Dining New Years Package. The package is $400 for an ocean railing table, including 2013 New Year’s Eve Prix Fixe Dinner Menu for up to 4 guests, one bottle of champagne, party favors, wristbands for late night party with DJ and dancing to celebrate 2014! Reservations can be booked online at this link. (Added 12/18)
Waikiki New Year’s Eve Dinner Buffets
Other Waikiki Restaurants Open for New Year’s Eve
The following restaurants are open and have seating available on New Year’s Eve at the time of publishing. They may offer a special menu for the evening, however that information was not available at the time of publishing.
* Oceanarium at the Pacific Beach Hotel – this restaurant normally offers a New Year’s Eve buffet that’s reasonably (relatively speaking) priced.
* Ruth Chris Steak House at 226 Lewers Street in Waikiki – this restaurant usually provides special holiday menus in addition to their standard menu.
* Tiki’s Grill at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel – this restaurant usually offers a special, reasonably priced, prix-fixe New Year’s Eve dinner.
* Ocean House Restaurant at Outrigger Reef of the Beach Hotel – this oceanfront restaurant serves elegant a la carte dinners.
* Prince Court at the Prince Waikiki hotel – this restaurant offers lovely harbor views.
* Sarento’s Waikiki at the top of the Ilikai – this restaurant offers great harbor, Honolulu city lights and Waikiki views.
As you’re making your Waikiki, Honolulu and Oahu New Year’s Eve plans and reviewing this list of great things to do, please note the following:
- I recommend you make reservations, order tickets, etc. as soon as possible to secure the place and time you like.
- Unless otherwise stated, you can assume that taxes and gratuities are not included in the listed prices.
- In most cases, children age five years and under dine free.
- All pricing, schedules and plans were accurate at the time of publishing.
- Several Waikiki Beach hotel-based restaurants will be open on New Year’s Eve. Check directly with the concierge of your accommodations for their special meals and events.
- As New Year’s Eve approaches, I’ll be adding more events, so do check back.
- Learn how to say Happy New Year in Hawaii: Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!
Note to journalists, bloggers and publishers – if you are referencing this page for your own article please provide a link to this post and/or GoVisitHawaii.com. This post is a result of hours of research, phone calls, emails, etc.