– The humpback whales are back in Hawaii! The first officially reported sighting was on Saturday, October 5th off the coast of Maui. Though a whale was sighted in Hawaii, the true whale watching season doesn’t get into full swing until December/January. The whales there now are the early arrivers who just couldn’t wait to get back to Hawaii. Can you relate? If you’re going to Hawaii anytime soon, do keep your eyes peeled for a whale as you go out on snorkeling and sunset cruises. Thanks to all who participated in our annual contest to guess the arrival date. Congratulations to Joanne and Lyne for correctly guessing October 5th. Lyne was randomly chosen as the winner of the signed Mike Carroll plumeria print.
– LivingSocial is offering a super deal at the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua on Maui. We love this luxury resort as you can read from our review. This deal takes the nightly rate to $299, plus if you purchase it today and use OCT10, you can save another 10% that brings the rate down to $269 per night — the least expensive I’ve ever seen.
– LivingSocial also has an excellent deal at Four Seasons Maui. This swank Wailea resort consistently ranks as one of Hawaii’s best hotels. I have rarely seen any deal for this resort, with mountain or garden view rooms rates typically starting around $600 per night. This Living Social deal takes the rate down to $495 per night. Plus, with the discount code OCT10, you can save another 10% if purchased today. That brings the rate down to $445 per night for this five-star resort.
– Travelzoo has a great deal for Sheraton Maui for $199 per night October 18 – December 25, 2013. This rate is approximately 40% off. See the details of the deal here and read our Sheraton Maui review.
– If scuba certification is on your bucket list, check out this Travelzoo deal for a three-day open water PADI certification from Oahu for $295, which is $100 off.
– Aquaresorts.com is now AquaHospitality.com. To celebrate the name change, this value-priced hotel group is offering 15% their rates with the promotion code LAUNCH. See more details here.