* Living Social escapes has a phenomenal deal on the Big Island’s Mauna Lani Bay Hotel. Ocean view rooms are being offered at $221 per night and ocean front rooms are at $271 per night. We love this luxurious Kohala Coast resort. Click this link to see the deal.
* Hawaiian Airlines announced the name of their new turboprop fleet – Ohana by Hawaiian. This new fleet will provide transportation to Lanai and Molokai from Honolulu later this year.
* Larry Ellison purchased Island Air. We are glad to hear of this news as the airline really needs new leadership and investment.
* Lonely Planet, DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki and Travel + Leisure have combined to offer a Hawaii stay plus a $2000 pre-loaded debit card. See this link details and to enter to win.
* We are in the final hours of the Waikiki stay giveaway. The entry form will close at 8pm EST today.
* From the wacky Hawaii news department – a chicken caused a power outage at Maui’s OGG airport on Tuesday.
* We’re back from a two week trip to Kauai, Maui and Lanai. We have lots to share with you.