You may have thought we were napping in the Hawaii news and deals department, but we were actually spending 11 days in Maui. Well, truth be known, we did catch a catnap at beautiful Hamoa Beach one afternoon. Other than that, we were on-the-go, exploring Maui most of the time. So, we’ve got some news and deals catching up to do with today’s post.
* From TravelZoo, check out this Hawaii deal — $795 for a three-night stay at the gorgeous Four Seasons Resort Lanai at Manele Bay. That works out to only $265 per night to stay at a luxury Hawaii resort and you can extend the deal for a six-night stay at the same rate. On top of that outstanding rate, you also get to choose between one round of golf or a 50-minute massage per stay. Bonus! This resort is definitely one of our favorites. See my review of Four Seasons Lanai at Manele Bay. Andy and I will probably snag this deal for ourselves.
* Another excellent TravelZoo, the Kauai Marriott Resort is offering $199 rate for stays between September 17, 2011 and January 17, 2012 with Christmas and New Years blackout dates. We love staying at this Kauai Marriott. See this link for the deal details.
* Dinner and a show for $25? That’s a deal and you’ll find it at Oahu’s Polynesian Cultural Center. You get free dinner at the newly renovated Gateway Restaurant when you purchase a $25 ticket to see Ha: Breath of Life night show. (See my review of Ha: Breath of Life.) Along with the physical renovation of the Gateway Restaurant structure, the menu has also been improved with a brand new “Island Feast” menu including dishes such as sushi, sweet potato salad, mahimahi with teriyaki sauce, Fijian chicken curry, roast beef, Maori potato top, Samoan fa’alifu (with coconut cream) staples, and supoesi — papaya-tapioca dessert, to name just a few of the items.
* While we were on Maui, we popped into the Makena Beach & Golf Resort to check it out. We even got a peek at their newly “beautified” rooms, which look great! They’re offering some fantastic deals at the moment, including a “Room & Ride” package that starts at $199 per night including a partial ocean view room and compact rental car.
* Honua Kai Resort in the Kaanapali area of Maui is offering a fall special for stays between now and December 22, 2011, with blackout dates of November 18-27. The deal knocks off 50% plus you get a 5th night free on all studio, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. See this link for more information.
* Outrigger is offering Hawaii vacation sweepstakes, ‘Be Here Hawaii’. Two grand-prize winners will receive roundtrip flights for two on Hawaiian Airlines plus a six-night stay at an Outrigger-managed hotel or condo of their preference on Kauai orHawaii Island. This online contest runs from September 6 to October 4, 2011.
* Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel is giving away a two-night stay to a lucky facebook fan. To enter to win, follow this link and the instructions.
* The Mouse family, Mickey and Minnie, have just opened their new home in Hawaii at Oahu’s Aulani Disney Resort & Spa. See KHON’s video and article on opening day. We’ve been invited to the official grand opening and are in the process of making plans to attend this big event. We can’t want to check it out and tell you all about it!
* One of my bestest Hawaii blog pals has just published the latest edition of the blog Carnival of Aloha. This blog carnival is celebrating its 4th anniversary. That’s like ancient in blog years. 🙂 Congrats to Evelyn!