* Hawaiian Airlines has put 2011 fall fares on sale. For this sale, you need to book before July 5 for travel between August 1 and November 17. Here’s a sample of the round-trip fares you might find:
- Phoenix to Honolulu – $414
- Portland to Honolulu – $376
- Los Angeles to Honolulu – $468
- Portland to Maui – $376
* On TravelSort, Ben Schlappig has written some excellent tips for booking award flights to Hawaii.
* Puuhonua o Honuanau National Historical Park is celebrating 50 years of Hawaiian Culture. Throughout the year, they’ll be hosting special cultural demonstrations. Big Island Video News has a nice video segment showing the recent festival. Visiting Puuhonau o Honuanau is a Big Island attraction you should plan into your vacation.
* Through August 31 at Maile Sky Court, you can receive an instant upgrade to an oceanview room for just $59 per night based on availability. It ain’t fancy, but hey, it’s on $59 per night! Use this link to book the deal.
* Congratulations to master ukulele and slack key guitarist Ledward Kaapana of Kalapana, Hawaii, for being named an NEA National Heritage Fellow. This award is the nation’s highest honor in the folk and traditional arts. Here’s a helpful tip for you – catch the award-winning Ledward Kaapana in concert FREE on Sunday evenings at Kona Brewing Company in Honolulu at Hawaii Kai! Check his concert schedule here.
* If you’d like to see the surfboard fence that’s shown in the above photo, I’ve written about finding this unique surfboard fence on Maui.