I hope you’ll agree that today’s roundup is on fire!
* Dates for the Polynesian Cultural Center’s 18th Annual World Fireknife Championships are set for May 12th through15th this year. I really, really, really want to arrange to see this competition of daredevil fire dancers sometime. It would be the equivalent of watching the grand finale of dozens of luaus in one sitting.
* The First Lady of Waikiki, the Moana Surfrider Westin, is on sale with rates starting at $235. This ocean front Waikiki resort is an elegant beauty.
* Outrigger and OHANA resorts across Hawaii are on sale – up to 65% off. You can see some of those deals listed here. One of my favorite Outrigger resorts is the Outrigger Reef on the Beach, especially if you are celebrating an anniversary as they offer a free vow renewal on Waikiki Beach.
* Parents Magazine recently listed Hilton Hawaiian Village in their top ten for Best Family Beach Vacations. Expedia has this hotel on sale at $179 per night. If you go, don’t forget to catch their free Friday night fireworks on Waikiki Beach.
* There’s a couple of nice airfare deals to grab if you can:
- Portland – Maui $319 RT including taxes on Alaska Airlines for spring travel. See this link for more info.
- San Francisco – Honolulu $329 RT for scattered seats and dates through March 10th. See this link for more info.
- Your city not listed? Well, airfare to Hawaii as a whole is not bad right now. Check an airfare search engine like Kayak to find the lowest fares from your cities to Hawaii. If possible use the flexible dates feature to find the very best rates.