Here’s your Aloha Friday news edition:
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has announced the festivities for their 28th annual Cultural Festival on Saturday, July 12th. If you are going to be on the Big Island then, you should make plans to attend this free event. This year the festival will honor the year of the paniolo (Hawaiian cowboy).
- You can now bring rental cars on the Hawaii Superferry. You can read more about which rental companies have approved this process on the ferry’s website. (Hat tip to Charley.)
- Kudos to the Kauai Grand Hyatt for installing solar panels that will generate up to 20% of the resort’s power needs.
- Expedia recently named it’s worldwide top hotels in terms of value and quality. It’s called the Expedia Insiders’ Select list. I was a bit surprised that the Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort and Spa on Kauai was the best hotel (condo) from Hawaii. This resort was listed at 21.
- Earlier this month I told you that a new boutique resort, Koa Kea, is opening on Kauai in late August. When we looked at rates then, the lowest rate was $445 for a garden view room. I got word that they are offering special opening rates of $299 for a garden view room. You must use this link to get the special rates. Note that there is an additional resort fee, but it’s not been specified.