We have a real potpourri of news today – from lava to boogie boards.
- KGMB has an update on the lava flow and the efforts to set up a viewing point. Officials estimate that the lava will be arriving to the ocean today and the official lava viewing point will be open by noon on Friday.
- The latest Hawaii hotel room rate statistics are out and of course Maui is the priciest place to stay. Per the Pacific Business News,here are the latest average rates: Maui rates averaged $282.58 a night, Oahu $177.12, Kauai $217.15 and the Big Island $223.27.
- David from Maui Online Guide has posted video of a very playful whale calf. I bet you can’t watch the video without smiling.
- Vagabondish has written a First Timer’s Guide to Oahu with some interesting insight.
- KauaiWorld.com news has a great ocean safety tip. If you rent a boogie board in Hawaii, be sure to rent fins as well. Fins could possibly save your life if you got caught in a rip current.