Wow, it’s May already? Here are the vacation news items for today’s Lei Day edition.
- There will be no Kuhio Beach Hula Show this Saturday because of Spam Jam.
- Bobbie has been blogging about vog. What is vog? In a nutshell it can be described as volcanic smog. (See more about it from the USGS fact sheet.) Bobble tells us that the vog has been exceptionally heavy recently.
- In case you needed another reason to pack light, American Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines just joined into the group of airlines that charge for checking a second bag. United, Continental, Northwest, Alaska, and JetBlue airlines all charge a fee for checking a second bag. Fees vary by airline and there are some exceptions so check with the airline you’ll be using to understand the details.
- Hawaiian Airlines also announced they’re increasing interisland fares by $5 – $20 each way.
- Waikiki resorts are planning some great Mother’s Day (May 11th) celebrations.
- The Hanohano room at the Sheraton plans a special dinner menu. See other Sheraton Mother’s Day offerings.
- The Star of Honolulu has some special Mother’s Day cruises – a champagne lunch cruise and a three-course dinner cruise.
- Tiki’s Grill and Bar has a Mother’s Day brunch planned. For more information, you can call 808-923-TIKI (8454).
- The Royal Hawaiian will celebrate Mother’s Day at the Surf Room
with a brunch buffet from 11am to 2:30pm The Monarch Room will offer brunch from 9am to 1:30pm. The cost of either buffet is $59 per adult
and $29 per child ages 6 to twelve; children 5 years and under are free.
- The SpaHalekulani is offering 15% discount off spa treatments for moms from May 10th – 18th. For more details call 808-923-5322.