The folks at FlipKey crunched years of data from their reservation request system to determine travel trends. Then they packaged the trends in a neato infographic that’s shown below.
Some of the top stats that you might find interesting are:
- Nearly 20% of travelers to Hawaii are from California
- Honolulu is the top overall Hawaii vacation spot at 13.7% of visits
- Romance paradise: 45% of Hawaii reservation requests are for parties of two, and peak season is Valentine’s Day
- Wailea-Makena on Maui is the most expensive spot for a Hawaii vacation
- April, May, September and October are the best times to save on a Hawaii vacation. (As we mention in our own analysis of the best time to go to Hawaii, these months are also great times to visit to avoid crowds and enjoy nice weather.)
This infographic is chocked full of interesting data about Hawaii visitors, so dive in and check it out.
Did anything surprise you about the data?