For what to do for Christmas this year in Waikiki and Honolulu, click this link: Waikiki Christmas Special Holiday Dining & Events
Below, you will find the 2008 offerings for reference purposes only.
If you are among the fortunate folks who get to celebrate Christmas on Oahu, you’ll find an excellent selection of special brunches, buffets, dinners, and holiday events. Most of the festivities are centered around Waikiki and Honolulu.
Christmas Eve – Wednesday, December 24, 2008
* The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani’s Pikake Terrace restaurant plans a lavish Christmas Eve dinner buffet from 5:00pm to 9:30pm. The cost is $46.50 for adults and $23.25 for children. See this link for the menu and more details.
* ‘Tis the season for college football, fa la la la la, la la la la. The Sheraton Hawaii Bowl starts at 3:00pm in Aloha Stadium. The University of Hawaii Warriors have secured a bid to the bowl. Their opponent will soon be announced.
* The Rainbow Lanai Restaurant, Village Steak and Seafood Restaurant and Bali by the Sea Restaurant at the Hilton Hawaiian Village all have special Christmas Eve (and Christmas Day) menus. The Rainbow Lanai will offer buffet style dining for $59 for adults and $32 for children. The Village Steak and Seafood Restaurant presents a four-course dinner for $67 for adults and $41 for children. The award-winning Bail by the Sea will offer five-course dinner. The cost is $90 for adults and $48 for children.
Christmas Day – Thursday, December 25, 2008
* The Ocean Terrace of the Sheraton Waikiki will have a multi-station Christmas Day Buffet Brunch from 10:30am to 3:00pm. The cost is $42 for adults and $17 for children. See the menu here.
* The Lani Kai at the Moana Surfrider plans a Christmas brunch from 10am to 3pm. the cost is $75 for adults and $45 for children.
* The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani’s Pikake Terrace restaurant will offer a Christmas Day Brunch Buffet. The cost is $36.50 for adults and $18.25 for children. For more information and to see the menu click here.
* The Twist at Hanohano on the 30th floor of the Sheraton Waikiki offers a four-course Christmas dinner from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. The cost if $85 per person and you can see the menu and learn more here. (See my post on the excellent views from the Hanohano.)
* The Beachhouse at Moana Surfrider has a delicious looking Christmas menu for $85 for adults and $55 for children. Dinner will be served from 5:30pm to 10:00pm.
* The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani’s Pikake Terrace restaurant will offer a Christmas Dinner buffet from 4:30pm to 9:30pm. The cost is $46.50 for adults and $23.25 for children.
* RumFire at Sheraton Waikiki has unique Christmas dinner menu from 5:00pm to 10:30pm from $75 per person.
* The Rainbow Lanai Restaurant, Village Steak and Seafood Restaurant and Bali by the Sea Restaurant at the Hilton Hawaiian Village all have special Christmas Day (and Christmas Eve) menus. The Rainbow Lanai will offer buffet style dining for $59 for adults and $32 for children. The Village Steak and Seafood Restaurant presents a four-course dinner for $67 for adults and $41 for children. The award-winning Bail by the Sea will offer five-course dinner. The cost is $90 for adults and $48 for children.
Other Great Events Holiday Events Throughout December 2008
* Through December 24th (except Mondays), the Ala Moana Shopping Center will host musical shows, photos with Santa, and candy cane train rides. One of my blog friends, Kailani has a great post on this holiday favorite for the family.
* From December 6th through January 1st, downtown Honolulu will be decorated for the season with lights, Christmas wreaths, and holiday characters. There will even be a 21 foot-tall Shaka Santa. Honolulu Hale at 530 South King Street is the center for the Honolulu City Lights.
* From December 13th through 24th, the Aloha Tower Marketplace will feature free trolley rides to downtown Honolulu to see the Honolulu City Lights. For more information about this event and a neat Christmas Boat Parade on December 13th, please follow this link.
* The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani resort will offer daily holiday activities and entertainment for the 12 days of Christmas. Festivities start December 12th and continue through the 23rd. For a complete list of these activities, contact the Princess Kaiulani at 808-922-5811.
* On December 21st, the Honolulu Boy Choir will perform special holiday concert at the fourth floor Grand Lanai of the Embassy Suites-Waikiki Beach Walk. The concert will go from 4:00pm to 5:30pm. The concert is free and open to the public while seating allows.
* The Twist at Hanohano is offering a special holiday lunch menu for $39. This menu will be served Monday through Friday from December 8th to 19th.
* A Hula Christmas performances will be held in the Waikiki Nei Theater in the Royal Hawaiian Center on December 15, 16, 19, and 21 at 7pm each night.The show will feature live music with over 100 hula dancers.Ticket prices start at $49.95.
* On December 13th, Santa will take a little vacation in Waikiki. He will paddle his way to shore in front of the Outrigger Waikiki at 9:00am. He will be greeted by lively Hawaiian music and hula dancers, followed by picture-taking in the Outrigger Waikiki lobby.
* On December 23rd, Santa will be at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach at 9:00am where you will have the opportunity to have your photo taken with him.
* If you’re going to be on Oahu to ring in 2009, don’t miss these excellent things to do on Oahu for New Year’s Eve.