* Hilton Hawaiian Village will be putting their suites on big discount for a limited time. The sale will be valid for stays from October 7, 2018 through March 31, 2019, reservations must be booked from October 1 through 8. One example of this deal is that you can book a junior suite in the Tapa Tower at the discounted rate of $236.50 per night instead of the standard price of $473 per night. Learn more about this deal here and check out our Hilton Hawaiian Village review.
* Hawaii Volcanoes National Park reopened September 22 for the first time since May 11. Only the areas deemed safe are accessible now while the recovery phase is still in progress. Hawaii News Now has a segment regarding the reopening.
* Visits to the memorial at the USS Arizona Memorial are suspended until at least October 1. You can still have a nice visit to the World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument in Pearl Harbor and instead of boat rides to the memorial, visitors are offered a 15-minute narrated harbor tour. Learn more and check for updates here.
* The Island of Hawaii Visitors Bureau and Hawaii County launched a Pono Pledge for residents and visitors. It’s a pledge to be responsible and safe explorers of the Big Island. We recommend scrolling through the tenets of the pledge on PonoPledge.com.
* Hawaiian Airlines will begin a non-stop flight between Boston and Honolulu beginning April 2019. Those flights are currently on sale for $617 roundtrip if booked before September 27, 2018 for flights from April 22 and May 23, 2019. Check fares onHawaiianAirlines.com.