On our recent trip to Kauai, we enjoyed a four-night stay at the Villas at Poipu Kai within the Poipu Beach Resort on the south side of Kauai. As you can see from this Google Map, the resort is a short five-ish minute walk to the beach.
With architecture that honors the former sugar cane plantation days the Villas at Poipu Kai offer a great sense of place. These villas are beautifully appointed inside with Tommy Bahama-style decor, gourmet kitchens and luxurious baths.
With up to five-bedroom villas, this resort is great for families or friends traveling together. We stayed in a three-bedroom, three-bathroom garden villa. Two of the bedrooms had king-sized beds and ensuite bathrooms. The third bedroom had two twin-sized beds and bathroom access through a hallway.
These high-end vacation villas are very livable with fully-equipped kitchens and a laundry closet. After long days of adventure, they were very relaxing to come home to — making it feel like a home away from home.
- Onsite pool and whirlpool spa
- Onsite exercise room (complimentary) and tennis (fee)
- Access to beach equipment, such as beach chairs, boogie boards, toys, etc.
- Beach towels
- Air conditioning
- Soaps, lotion, shampoo and conditioner were supplied.
- Laundry and dish detergents are provided.
Overall we had a very nice stay. The only thing we wished would be different was our view, which was primarily of the villas next door. Some villas have pool views and distant ocean views.
- Official website for the Villas at Poipu Kai
- For more reviews, see this link to TripAdvisor.
- See our photos from the Villas at Poipu Kai
- Watch our short video overview.
Mahalo to the Villas at Poipu Kai and the Kauai Visitors Bureau for hosting our stay.