*** For Thanksgiving 2018 in Waikiki – see our 2018 Thanksgiving Guide to Waikiki. ***
The following information is from 2015 for our reference purpose only.
Waikiki is a very popular destination to celebrate Thanksgiving in Hawaii’s wonderfully warm weather. While many North American residents will be wearing winter clothes for the Thanksgiving holiday, most visitors to Waikiki will be donning swimsuits, shorts and Aloha shirts. If you are one of the lucky ones planning a trip to Waikiki over Thanksgiving, we’ve created these suggestions for where to dine and special events to catch over the holiday weekend.
Waikiki Thanksgiving Buffets
The following Waikiki Beach restaurants are offering special Thankgiving buffets. Most of the including traditional Thanksgiving fare with turkey and traditional Thanksgiving sides.
– MAC 24/7 at Hilton Waikiki Beach (not Hilton Hawaiian Village): $45 adults/$18 child. Details here.
– Pikake Terrace at the Sheraton Princess Kuiulani: $57 adult/ $28.50 child. Details here. This restaurant has a poolside garden setting.
— Hau Tree Lanai at the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel offers a Thanksgiving Day Brunch buffet from 10am to 2pm: $59 adults / $29 child. See the menu here. This restaurant has an ocean front view.
– Kai Market at Sheraton Waikiki: $69 adult/ $35 child. Details here. This restaurant has an ocean view.
— Japengo at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort Thanksgiving Buffet: $75 per adults / $38 per child. See the menu here. The new dining terrace at Japengo has ocean views.
– Beachhouse at the Moana Surfrider: $80 adult/ $40 child. Details here. This restaurant has an ocean view.
Waikiki Thanksgiving Prix Fixe Dining
The following Waikiki Beach restaurants are offering Thanksgiving-themed set menus. In some cases the restaurant’s standard, a la carte menu will also be available.
– Ocean House at the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort: three-course Fall Harvest Thanksgiving Special for $35 adults / $15 children. See this link for more information. This restaurant is ocean front.
— Tiki’s Grill at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel: three-course Thanksgiving Turkey at Tiki’s for $36. See this link for more information. This restaurant has an ocean view.
– Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse: three-course dinner for $39.95 to $41.95 adults/ $12.95 child. More details here.
– Hau Tree Lanai at the New Otani Hotel: four-course dinner $69. More details here (make sure you scroll past the brunch buffet menu.) This restaurant has an ocean front view.
— Wai’olu at Trump Waikiki: four-course dinner for $80 for adult / $40 for children. See this link for the menu.
– Azure Restaurant at the Royal Hawaiian: four-course dinner for $125. Details here. This restaurant has an ocean view.
Holiday events and things to see and do in Waikiki over Thanksgiving weekend
– 40th Annual Turkey Trot – is a 10-mile fun run where the prizes don’t necessarily go to the fastest runners but to the runners who finish close to their predicted time. The event is held on Thanksgiving morning. Learn more about this event and registration here.
– The Waikiki Holiday Parade will be held on Friday, November 27th, starting at 7pm. This parade travels approximately 1.5 miles through Waikiki along Kalakaua Avenue — starting at Kalakaua Avenue and Saratoga Road and finishing at Queen Kapiolani Park. The event is expect to have 4,000 marchers, 40 vehicles and 38 bands. For more information, see this link.
— The amazing Christmas-themed sand sculptures should be freshly finished and on display at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel.
– The Royal Hawaiian Center holds their Holiday Kick Off event on Wednesday, November 25th from 5pm – 8pm with entertainment and lighting their 25-foot Christmas tree. Santa will be there and available for photos. See more details and the schedule here.
– Pricing does not typically include taxes and gratuity. Verify pricing when you book.
— We may be adding more Thankgiving dinner options and events so do check back.
— Tables will book up quickly. For additional restaurant openings on Thanksgiving, check OpenTable.com.
– When you arrive on island, check with the concierge for additional Thanksgiving dining and events at your resort and pick up a copy of the Star-Advertiser.