* Maui Jim is hosting a Take Me to Maui sweepstakes which includes airfare for two, hotel accommodations, rental car and a pair of tickets to the Maui Jim Maui Invitational Basketball Tournament. This giveaway is open to legal U.S. residents who are age 18 years or older. See sweepstakes rules and enter here.
* Our partner TravelZoo has a voucher deal for a 1-bedroom condo stay at the Cliffs at Princeville on the North Shore of Kauai. You can combine multiple vouchers for extended stay. The options are as follows:
- $459 voucher for three nights = $153 per night
- $699 voucher for five nights = $140 per night
- $999 voucher for seven nights = $143 per night
* Another Kauai TravelZoo deal that caught our eye is this one for the Kauai Marriott Resort, which is one of our Kauai faves. Rooms at this four-star resort are $229 from August 26 – November 14 and down to $199 from November 15 through December 21. See more here.
* Kauai’s famed, but long-shuttered Coco Palms Resort may finally be on its way to being redeveloped per Pacific Business News. Coco Palms was severely damaged by the last major hurricane to hit the Hawaiian Islands — Hurricane Iniki in 1992.
* This hurricane season has been unusually active around Hawaii this year. Historically, it’s rare that damaging hurricanes hit Hawaii. Kilo, a tropical storm, just skirted around the Hawaiian Islands. Though its track didn’t cross over the islands, it did produce heavy rain and high humidity. Tropical Depression Twelve-E is currently brewing in the Pacific. Let’s hope and pray it also avoids the island. For the current island forecasts and weather trends, check out our Hawaii weather page.