* Island Air recently announced that they will no longer fly to the island of Kauai starting June 1, 2015. (Source) Only Hawaiian Airlines provides service to Kauai. We have updated our inter-island flight guide to reflect this upcoming change.
* One of Maui’s top astronomy experts is starting a new Haleakala stargazing tour.
* Federal officials are discussing long range planning for the national park at Kalaupapa — where Hansen’s Disease (leprosy) patients were exiled to this isolated peninsula on Molokai.
* Four Seasons Lanai at Manele is due to close for major renovations in a few weeks. In the meantime, they’re offering a great golf package day-trip from Maui.
* Hawaiian Airlines is giving away 140,000 air miles. See this link for entry and official rules.
* The 2015 Hawaii Entertainment Books are on a two-day sale (through May 14) for $9.99. This is the lowest price we recall seeing this year. See this link for more information.