The Hawaii Entertainment Book can help you save money on your Hawaii vacation expenditures for dining and activities — mainly for an Oahu vacation. If you’ve wondered if the book is worth the purchase, we thought it would be useful to comb through our book to list the coupons that caught our eye for use on a Oahu vacation.
** 2019 UPDATE – we have noted the coupons that are available in the 2019 books. **
There are many dining coupons but many of them are for fast food and chain restaurants. After sifting through the 2019 coupon book, the only really good dining coupon that we’d most likely use while vacationing on Oahu:
– $10 off a $40 or more purchase at Chart House restaurant. This waterfront restaurant is located just off the edge of Waikiki at the Ala Wai Boat Harbor. (Verified for 2019)
– Aloha General Store in Haleiwa offers buy one shave ice and get the second shave ice for free. We’ve personally used this coupon. Their shave ice is excellent! (Verified for 2019)
– Buy one adult admission and get one complimentary adult admission to the Polynesian Cultural Center. This coupon has a value up to $40. The evening luau and show would have to be purchased separately. You may want to consider deals offered directly through the Polynesian Cultural Center as that might save more money. (Verified for 2019)
– 25% off up to four adult admissions to Paradise Cove. We’ve been to this luau and it’s ok. For a comparison of luaus see our Oahu luau page. (Verified for 2019)
– One free child pass when you purchase an adult pass to see the USS Missiouri Memorial, the Might Mo. Maximum discount of $26. (Verified for 2019)
– Buy one admission and receive a free second admission (maximum $25 value) to the Pacific Aviation Museum in Pearl Harbor. (Verified for 2019)
– Buy one adult submarine tour admission and receive a free adult admission at the USS Bow Fin in Pearl Harbor. (Verified for 2019)
– Dole Plantation free adult maze admission with second adult maze admission is purchased for a maximum discount of $6. (Verified for 2019)
– Free guided Green Sea Turtle Safari with Windward Watersports when a second guided Green Sea Turtle Safari of equal or greater value is purchased. Maximum discount of $159. (Verified for 2019)
– 25% off dolphin excursion for up to four people. (Verified for 2019)
– 50% off Adventure Package Tour with Active Oahu Tours. maximum discount $120. (Verified for 2019)
– 50% off up to six helicopter tours with A-1 Tours. For reference, see our comparison of Oahu helicopter tours. (Verified for 2019)
– 50% off downhill biking adventures with Bike Hawaii Tours. (Verified for 2019)
I also saw discounts for surfing lessons, stand up paddle board rental, kayak rental, snorkel rental, and parasailing. Each coupon comes with its own fine print and instructions for redeeming the discounts
The Entertainment Books vary in price throughout the year. The suggested retail price is $35 plus shipping, but we’ve purchased them for as little $10 when we catch a sale.
We like have the actual coupon book as we find it’s easier to flip through it to see what’s available. They do offer a digital membership that you can view online or via their app.
For additional insight on Hawaii Entertainment books, check out our post asking readers to weigh in.