As I write today from my North Carolina home, we’re experiencing an unusual cold spell. It’s 19 F at noon, which is probably considered warm-ish for many colder climes in North America and beyond. One cure for the winter blues is to think warm thoughts. And, so our thoughts turn to tropical Hawaii…
* Check out the current list of Honolulu LivingSocial deals. There’s a great deal for Germaine’s Luau for $45, whale watching cruise for $64, dolphin swim tour for $75, a jeep island tour for $89 and more.
* We’ve updated our list of free and cheap places to park in Waikiki.
* The Ihilani Resort and Spa at Ko Olina on Oahu’s west coast is due to close on March 10. The resort is slated to reopen as the Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina at the end of 2015. (Source)
* Despite being closed since 1999, hikers continued to take the dangerous trek to Sacred Falls at Sacred Falls State Park on Oahu. The Hawaii Division of Land and Natural Resources created an excellent video to explain the risks and danger to hikers as well as to the rescue workers. See that video here.
* Starting May 2015, Pleasant Holidays will offer guided Hawaii vacations. They do all the flight, hotel planning along with most of the activity and meals. Learn more here.