* Huge waves up are in Hawaii’s forecast for today and Friday. Surf heights could reach 25 to 35 feet! It’s possible that these big waves may be high enough to hold the Quiksilver in Memory of Eddie Aikau surfing competition. The last time wave conditions reached standards for this very special event were back in December, 2009. If the event is on, we’ll update this post and hopefully provide a link to watch it live. ** Update: “The Eddie” won’t be held this Thursday or Friday, but organizers say they are monitoring a few swells for early next week per Hawaii News Now.
* One of Waikiki’s best hotel bargains, in my opinion, is at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. They’re offering a Ocean Promotion with rates starting from $166 per night for their ocean view and oceanfront room categories. This deal must be booked by January 31 for stays through June 12, 2014. See more here.
* Outrigger Reef on the Beach and Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach will be offering free vow renewals with a non-denominational Hawaiian ceremony on Waikiki Beach on Valentine’s Day. This amenity is open to guests of these two hotels only. For more information, call 1-800-688-7444.
*OHANA Waikiki East hotel has recently upgraded their guest rooms with a recent $2 million refresh. To celebrate these refurbishments, the resort is offering rates starting at $139 per night. One cool thing to quickly highlight about this resort is that they don’t charge resort fees while offering quite a few valuable amenities like free Internet access, a beach bag and much more.
* Want to experience what it’s like to live in a high-end Waikiki condo? Travelzoo has a deal for $299 per night through March and $319 through June at the luxurious Trump Waikiki.
* The Go Visit Hawaii Facebook page just crossed a new milestone of 50,000 fans.