Hawaii Vacation Deals & News: July 1, 2013
* Through Google Map’s Street View, it’s easy to virtually explore Hawaii’s scenic highways. What’s even cooler than that is that Google, Hawaii Forest & Trail and the HVCB are partnering to provide 360-degree images of some of Hawaii’s top hiking trails. See more and learn how you can apply to be a trekker for this project at this link.
* Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows is offering a chance to win a three-night stay. See this link to enter.
* Hawaiian Airlines is offering a chance to win round trip tickets to attend the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival from September 1 – 9. You must be a legal US resident and a HawaiianMiles member, which is free obtain. Other restrictions apply. To enter and to see these sweepstakes rules, see this link.
* Speaking of the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival, there’s plenty of great hotel deals being offered for the festival.
* Fancy a visit to Waikiki between August 17 – 25? Outrigger Hotels is offering a special rate of $139 per night during Duke’s OceanFest. This annual event celebrates Hawaii’s legendary surfer and swimmer Duke Kahanamoku. The special low rates are available at OHANA East and OHANA West. To access this rate, logon to http://tinyurl.com/DukesOceanFest13.
* Four Seasons Lanai sweetened their third night free deal at the award-winning Lodge at Koele with a $100 food and beverage credit. If you prefer a beach resort, the Four Seasons Manele Bay location is offering the fourth night free.
* Congratulations to the Mighty Mo for celebrating the milestone of 15 years in Pearl Harbor. Though rusted and in disrepair, the battleship arrived in Pearl Harbor with a big welcome in late June 1998. Since then, many improvement projects have restored this beloved battleship.