* Have you heard the phrase “Maui nō ka ‘oi”? It means “Maui is the best” and that’s the consensus of discerning Conde Nast Traveler readers. Maui scored the number one position in the Top Islands category. From reviewing the scores from all the geographical categories, it looks like Kauai ranked second overall. The Big Island, Oahu and Lanai all scored high marks, too.
* An upscale Maui villa deal that crossed my desk is this deal at the new Honua Kai Resort in Kaanapali. Travel there before December 18th and you can get 50% off and a fifth night free. See this link for more information.
* Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Kohala Coast is offering a $199 special including daily breakfast for two. See this link for all the details. This Hilton property is located in the Waikoloa Beach Resort which is a great place to stay on the Big Island.
* Speaking of the Big Island, did you see this National Geographic Photo of the Month for September? Amazing!
* If you’re starting to fill a chill in the air, maybe it’s time to warm up your thoughts of a winter getaway to Hawaii. Hawaiian Airlines has some great deals if you book before October 15th for travel between January 10 and March 10, 2011. Fares start at $314 round-trip.