Let’s see what sort of Hawaii vacation deals and news are making a splash today.
* Alaska Airlines has a sale on nonstop flights to Maui (OGG) and Kona (KOA) from San Jose, Oakland, and Sacramento. One-way fares start from $179. The fine print says you must book by March 25 for travel from April 25 and June 10, 2010.
* Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort on the Big Island is on sale at $169 per night. That rate is for an ocean view room and represents 50% off! For this rate, you must be booked by April 2 for stays through June 15, 2010. See the deal details here. This hotel is located in Waikoloa Beach Resort, which is an area that I think it a great place to stay on Hawaii’s Big Island.
* Outrigger’s Kiahuna Plantation in Kauai has announced that they’re offering a free vow renewal ceremony for their guests every other Thursday through June 30, 2010. Andy and I took part in the free vow renewal ceremony at Outrigger’s Reef on the Beach in Waikiki last year. It was a lovely service.
* Waikiki’s Aqua Palms has a special offer of $69 per night. Their rates normally start at $90 per night. For this deal, you must book before April 30 for stays between March 27 and May 31, 2010.
* If you are a fan of LOST, you might be interested in Daniel Dae Kim’s (Jin’s) list of favorite Honolulu restaurants. Incidentally, Daniel Dae Kim will play the role of Detective Chin Ho Kelly in the remake of the TV series Hawaii Five-O that’s currently in the pilot stage.
* Have you joined the super cool Go Visit Hawaii facebook community? Be one of the “cool kidz” ;-)and please join us. Though the community just launched about two weeks ago, it’s been a great place to ask Hawaii vacation questions and get advice from the community.