Aloha and Happy St. Patrick’s Day! To celebrate the day, we should share something green, right? Well, is this view from Kauai’s Hanalei Valley Lookout is about as green as you can get.
Okie dokie, let’s look at today’s deals and news that includes a Maui vacation sweepstakes, hotel deals, and more.
* If you’d like to fly to Hawaii in style, Hawaiian Airlines is offering some fairly reasonable first class fares. For example, you can fly Portland to Maui round-trip from $910 plus taxes and fees.First class fares for the routes of San Jose to Honolulu and Oakland to Honolulu are both on sale for $1018 round-trip plus taxes and fees. For this first class sale, you’ll need to book before March 31, 2010 and travel between April 13 and June 10, 2010.
* The Iolani Palace in Honolulu posted a record year in 2009 with over 80,000 visitors. With the increase in demand, the palace has added a sixth day to their schedule. They’ll now be open Monday through Saturday from 9am to 5pm.
* Kauai Beach Resort has a number of good packages to help you save on your Kauai vacation. I’m kind of drawn to their “Snooze–N-Crooze” package that starts at $119 per night and includes a compact rental car. Bargain, eh?
* The closest thing you’ll find to an all-inclusive resort in Hawaii is at the Kona Village Resort on the Big Island. They’re offering a special deal of $398 on bungalows that normally go for $630 per night. Considering it includes your meals, some activities, and two luaus per week, it’s a pretty good deal. You must book it before March 26, 2010. See this link for more information.
* Pleasant Holidays has a special offer if you can fly from Los Angeles or San Francisco. Their deal is kids fly free this summer. See more about this offer here.
* Were you in awe of Apolo Ohno’s Olympic skating skills? How would you like to win a luxury trip for two to Maui with Apolo Ohno himself? Alaska Airlines is offering this very cool Maui vacation sweepstakes.