* The Faimont Orchid on the Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island has a special $199 summer sale for a garden view room. Ocean view and suites are available at 50% off published rates. You must book by July 12, 2009 for this special offer that’s available for stays between now and December 21, 2009. (Note that there are a few black out dates.) For more information see this link.
* On the Big Island’s Hamakua Coast, there’s a lovely B&B, Waianuhea Bed and Breakfast, that I have on my radar of places I’d like to stay. One of my twitter pals, Donna Hull, stayed there recently and wrote this review. This B&B has a stay three nights, get a fourth night free special offer during September, October, and November 2009.
* Here are a few super airfare deals I found via FareCompare:
- Dallas (DFW) to Honolulu (HNL) $456 round-trip,including taxes and fees for late August and September
- St Louis (STL) to Honolulu (HNL) $456 round-trip, including taxes and fees for late August and September.
- Miami (MIA) to Honolulu (HNL) $456 round-trip, including taxes and fees for late August and September
- Check out FareCompare’s recently launched “Cheap Deals to Hawaii” page, where you can see the best available round-trip airfare deals to Hawaii, for any month you like – from any airport.
* Pleasant Holidays has been offering a $99 companion ticket to Maui and Oahu from either LAX or SFO when you purchase a travel package. Jen Leo shares her experience and tips for tracking down this this deal.
* Did you know that Hawaii has some excellent museums affiliated with the Smithsonian? The weekend of September 26th, many Smithsonian associated museums will be offering free admission. Here’s the list of participating Hawaii museums. You will need to print an admission card when it becomes available here. (If you aren’t going to be in Hawaii on that weekend, then use this link to find participating museums near you. Note that you can search by state.)
* My friend Kris has recently launched a cool new blog, Maui by Photo. Congratulations, Kris!