Hawaii Vacation Deals and News Round Up for October 31st
Happy Aloha Friday and Halloween! You’ll find all treats and no tricks here today.
- The much loved Mauna Kea Resort is due to re-open December 20th. They’ve been renovating and repairing damage from the 2006 Big Island earthquake. In the meantime, they’re letting us take a virtual sneak peek into the new room designs. See for yourself here. What do you think?
- KGMB has a couple of video segments of Kapalua’s ziplining adventures on Maui. Looks fun and the scenery is great. Kapalua is one of my favorite areas of Maui.
- Hawaii’s DLNR has begun the final stage of path improvements at the popular Akaka Falls. Due to the extent of the reconstruction work, the park will closed between December 8-19 and again for two days sometime in March or April. I look forward to having access to the Kahuna Falls when the work is done in Spring 2009.
- If you’ve been afraid to check the prices for rental vacation homes in Hawaii, you might want to set aside those fears. Wendy Perrin reports that, “Rental owners in Hawaii are offering excellent deals right now, even for those Christmas/New Year’s weeks that are normally sold-out at peak prices this late in the year.” As you may already know, I think that staying in a vacation villa or home in Hawaii is a very savvy choice.
- Maui’s Grand Wailea is probably the most opulent resort on sunny South Maui. Fancy staying there for as low as $175 per night when their normal lowest rate is $625? See this deal for a $375/night rate, which is a good rate, but on top of that, if you stay for five nights, you receive $1000 resort credit that can be applied towards the cost of your room. So, crunch the numbers and that works out to be $175 per night. If you are interested, you’ll need to book by today. I’m going to give this one some serious thought myself!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all !!! So wish we could “party” in Hawaii !!!!!!!!!!
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Dear Sheila , your packet with the prize (FIRST WHALES seen in Hawaii this year ! ) arrived with the mail today !!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! it is gorgeous and really generous !!
We had already played the DVD , it’s so … HAWAIIAN !!!!!
Marco especially liked the vintage art postcards – which he will add into our vacation photo album !!!!
The hand painted magnets are so beautiful – and have place of honor on my fridge !!!
Thank you so much again !! and keep up with your wonderful job on GO VISIT HAWAII !!
laura & Marco