Here’s our mixed plate of Hawaii travel news for this Aloha Friday.
- Are you a podcaster or blogger who would like to enhance your skills and meet super cool people? Check out Hawaii Podcamp and Wordcamp, a free unconference in Honolulu this October 24th and 25th.
- Northwest Airlines is offering $50 cash back and a chance to win $10,000 when you purchase your ticket through PayPal. (Hattip to Kayak.)
- Melissa Chang takes on the role of Anthony Bourdain to list the bizarre foods that you may find around Honolulu. There’s some eye-openers for sure, like, Basashi which is horse meat sashimi. Check out all ten frames.
- The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa is really on a quest to be more environmentally responsible. Their most recent initiative is the installation of a solar panel system to provide clean, renewable energy for the resort. The solar panels were installed in the employee parking lot and play a dual role of shading employees’ cars. I love that! The photo on the right shows these new panels. Kudos to the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort!
- If you’re going to be on the Big Island this month and you’d like to take a break from all the fresh fish and opt for a nice steak, Ruth Chris at the Shops of Mauna Lani has a second anniversary deal. The offer includes a three-course dinner for two for $99 (plus tax and gratuity). For more information call (808) 887-0800.
- Here’s an excuse to go out and buy new running shoes this weekend. You’ll need to start training now so that you can enter the inaugural Kauai Marathon in September 2009.
- BootsnAll has a great interview with Keoni Wagner, Vice President of Public Affairs for Hawaiian Airlines.
- Today is the last day to get enter your prediction of the 2008 humpback whale arrival. If you’ve not already guessed and entered the contest, please do so today!