It’s funny how news ebbs and flows. Today, it’s flowing!
- The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa offers some special rates starting at $239 per night. This resort is located in South Kauai, which you may recall is one of the sunniest areas to stay on Kauai. If you like to bask by the pool, then you’ll be happy to know this resort’s pool was rated the best in the US in the 2008 TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice awards.
- CheapTickets has listed the 10 most popular Thanksgiving and Christmas getaways. Oahu is the fifth most popular destination. With Oahu being a popular holiday destination, make sure you know these Hawaii holiday travel tips.
- Kudos to the Wyland Waikiki for their green initiatives. I love that they provide guests with in room recycling receptacles. I’m such a recycling nerd at home and I like to be able to recycle when traveling, too.
- The Outrigger Reef on the Beach in Waikiki Beach has unveiled the first phase of their $110million transformation project with the opening of the new Pacific Tower.
- Conner Gorry, author of “Lonely Planet: Hawaii The Big Island” answered questions about the Big Island on Budget Travel’s trip coach Q&A. You can read the full transcript.
- Saturday, September 27th is National Public Lands Day. There are several opportunities to roll up your sleeves and help out in Hawaii.
- If you’re a baseball fan, you might be interested in catching some up and coming stars and first round picks playing in Hawaii. Hawaii Winter Baseball starts this weekend. I’d like to give a shout out to Andrew Brackman who will play for the Beach Boys. He played for my alma mater, North Carolina State University.