Hawaii Vacation Deals and News Roundup for July 24th
Today’s edition includes rare hotel deals, a squabble, and ends with a funny story about being “see sick” in Kauai.
- Outrigger is offering fifth night free stay with their Maui vacation condominium collection. The participating locations are at the Outrigger Royal Kahana, Outrigger Aina Nalu, Outrigger Maui Eldorado and Outrigger Napili Shores. Seventh night free is offered at the Outrigger Palms at Wailea. In addition to the free night, guest will also receive gift cards to Foodland grocery stores. Gift card values depend on the type of room and length of stay. “Guests who stay for five consecutive nights are presented with a $50 grocery certificate for a studio, a $100 grocery certificate for a one-bedroom and a $150 grocery certificate for a two-bedroom suite. Guests that stay for longer periods in increments of five nights will receive additional certificates.” You can see more about this free night and gift card offer here.
- Now this next Hawaii hotel deal is a rarity. The swank Grand Wailea on Maui is offering a deal of fourth night free. This promotion is valid for stays between September 1 to November 20 and again between November 29 and December 19, 2008. For those who may be planning a fall honeymoon on Maui, I’d advise you look into this deal.
- It seems that American Airlines and Kayak.com, the travel search engine, are in a bit of a tiff. As the situation stands now, Kayak will stop displaying American Airlines results beginning August 1st. I hope the two will kiss and make up because they do compliment each other.
- Google Maps has added a neat new feature that gives you walking directions, per Marketing Pilgrim. You’ll see this new option when you search for directions. Google Maps provides directions options by car, public transit and walking. The new walking directions options can be particularly handy for finding your way around Honolulu and Waikiki Beach.
- Have you been watching for the secret messages for the reader reward contest? Mahalo to Laura and Kailani for sharing the contest with their readers!
- And finally, if you have a couple minutes, read this humorous account of a Na Pali coastline boat tour.