2008 Update – See what major 4th of July fireworks shows are happening across Hawaii in 2008.
Looking for a great place to watch Independence Day fireworks? Then, consider Maui’s historic town of Lahaina. The fireworks show will start at 8 p.m. from a barge moored offshore. Restaurants and boat tours companies are making special plans for the evening.
Here are some of the special restaurant offerings planned for the evening:
- The Lahaina Store Grille and Oyster Bar is offering a special “top of town�? dining experience on its rooftop, as well as excellent fireworks viewing in the restaurant through its huge ocean front windows.
- Pick up a special Fourth of July Picnic Box with soda at The Wharf Cinema Center restaurants.
- Blue Lagoon Tropical Bar & Grill is offering Pineapple Fried Rice and a Brownie for $7.50.
- Pick up a Cheeseburger and Chips for $7.50 at Cool Cat Cafe.
- Mulligan’s at the Wharf will have a special of a Club Wrap and Maui Chips.
- Pad Thai Cuisine will pack up some Vegetable Pad Thai Tofu for $6.25, and Pho Saigon will sell a Pork Chop with scoop of rice for $7.50.
Though some of those restaurant offerings sound yummy, I think I’d rather take one of these special boat cruises to see the fireworks reflecting from the water:
- Hop aboard Trilogy for a fireworks sail departing Lahaina Harbor at 6:30 p.m. and returning at 9:30 p.m. Enjoy an American picnic dinner with burgers, hot dogs, sushi and an ice cream sundae bar. BYOB. Cost is $75 plus tax for adults and $47.50 for kids. Call 808-661-4743, extension 3 for reservations or book online.
- The sailing vessel Paragon is offering private charters on July 4. Call 808-244-2087 for details.
- Maui Princess and Lahaina Princess are offering a full dinner with open bar on July 4. The Maui Princess will leave Lahaina Harbor at 6:30 p.m. and return at 9 p.m. Cost is $89.88 for adults and $68.48 for children. The Lahaina Princess will leave Lahaina Harbor at 6:45 p.m. and return at 8:30 p.m. Cost is $73.83 for adults and $63.13 for children. Call 808-667-9595.
- For cocktails and pupus, try the Kaulana cocktail cruise leaving Lahaina Harbor at 6:30 p.m. and returning at 8:30 p.m. Fare is $53.45 for adults and $26.54 for children. Call 808-667-9595
- Pacific Whale Foundation is offering two cruises from Maalaea with cocktails and pupus. The first trip is from 6:30 to 9:15 p.m., and the other is from 7 to 9:45 p.m. Each is $49.95 plus tax per person, with a discount offered for PWF members. Call 808-249-8811 for reservations.