For the most current update, see our Hawaii Big Island new Year’s Eve Fireworks and Celebrations page.
The information below is from a previous year and is for our reference purpose only. Links and details are no longer valid.
The following list is from 2013/2014 New Year’s Eve. See this link for this year’s update.
Hawaii, the Big Island, is an excellent Hawaiian destination to celebrate the New Year. The island’s warm tropical breezes and swaying palms only add magic to the festive evening.
We’ve researched lot’s of options for New Year’s Eve dining, entertainment and fireworks. Here, we list our top picks of special New Year’s Eve events on Hawaii Island.
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows offers a couple of festive dining options that both include entertainment by Jimmy Mac & The Kool Kats, a midnight champagne toast and fireworks.
- The oceanside dinner buffet including six specialty food stations. Pricing is $159 for adults and $60 for children with taxes and gratuity included. For reservations phone 808-881-7911.
- The CanoeHouse is offering a five-course, prix-fixe menu incorporating locally sourced ingredients. The pricing is $180 per person. Taxes and gratuity are not included. For reservations phone 808-881-7911.
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel will offer a couple of dining options as well. For more information and reservations phone 808-882-5707.
- Manta & Pavilion Wine Bar presents a three-course, prix-fixe dinner for $95 for adults and $45 for children. See this link for the menu. Taxes and gratuity are not included.
- On the North Pointe Lawn, a New Year’s Eve Pacific Rim Celebration includes a buffet, entertainment by Hawaiian Duo and Ginai & The Cruisers with fireworks at the stroke of midnight. Pricing is $145 for adults and $72.50 for children. Taxes and gratuity are not included. See this link for more information.
Fairmont Orchid welcomes 2014 with dining, dancing and much more at Club Future on the resort grounds. At midnight an elaborate fire extravaganza show combining many fire elements like fire knife dancer, fire hip band, fire poi balls and fire fans all set to upbeat music. There are a number of pricing options which start at $90. See this link for the schedule of events and along with the dinner buffet details.
Lava Lava Beach Club restaurant in Waikoloa Beach Resort will offer their standard menu along with a special three-course menu for $65. Dinner will be served until 11pm. They’ll have live music and party favors to welcome in the new year. See this link for more information.
Kona & Keauhou
Sheraton Kona Resort in Keauhou Bay, south of Kona, is offering a special countdown to 2014 at Paina at Pa’akai Point. The celebration starting at 10pm includes pupus (appetizers), party favors, toast at midnight and entertainment for $75. See this link for more information.
- Additional Big Island resorts will be offering special dining and New Year’s Eve parties. If your resort isn’t mentioned above, check directly with your resort for their festive events. This list is not inteneded to be comprehensive. It’s a list of places where we’d personally like to spend our New Year’s Eve on Hawaii’s Big Island.
- Pricing and schedules are subject to change.
- We recommend you book as soon as possible.
We wish you a Hau’oli Makahiki Hou — the Hawaiian way to wish a Happy New Year.