Hawaii’s Big Island offers wonderful celebrations to greet the new year. Here are our top picks of New Year’s Eve 2018/2019 for where to have a special New Year’s Eve dinner and/or party and midnight fireworks.
– Hilo Bay will host their first-ever New Year’s Eve Fireworks show at midnight. This show is free and open to the public. (For something unique, consider KapohoKine Adventures’ special paddle out to watch the fireworks plus a champagne toast for $89.)
– Fairmont Orchid on the Kohala Coast is hosting a Journey into 2019 New Year’s Eve celebration that includes dinner buffet, activities for kids of all ages, show, DJ dance party and a midnight fire extravaganza show. For party reservations and more information, call 808-326-4969.
– The hotels in Waikoloa Beach Resort on the Kohala Coast are offering several special New Year’s Eve dinners and a luau. See this link for more information.
– Four Seasons Haulalai (north of Kona) presents their annual New Year’s Eve gala including a fireworks show at midnight. Contact the resort for dining availability and reservations.
- Additional Big Island resorts and restaurants will be offering special dining and New Year’s Eve events. If we have not mentioned your resort, check directly with them. This list is not intended to be comprehensive. It’s a list of place where we’d personally like to spend New Year’s Eve on Hawaii’s Big Island.
- A few Kohala Coast hotels typically host beachside fireworks shows, however they don’t widely advertise them due to limited parking. With the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel being closed for renovations this year, probably the hotel that’s most likely to host fireworks would be the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. That is purely speculation on our part. Check with them regarding what they’re offering and/or booking a room or special dining package.
- For more New Year’s Eve dining options on the Big Island, check OpenTable.com. Note that you can modify the search criteria for the number of people in your party, time, etc.