This page will be updated for New Year’s Eve 2020/2021 in November and December! Subscribe to our free updates to be notified when this page is fully updated.
In the meantime, take a look at the listings from this past New Year’s Eve. Many venues will offer something similar for the coming year.
Hawaii’s Big Island offers wonderful celebrations to greet the new year. Here are our top picks of New Year’s Eve 2019/2020 for where to have a special New Year’s Eve dinner and/or party and midnight fireworks.
– Hilo Bay will host New Year’s Eve Fireworks show at midnight. This show is free and open to the public. You can see the fireworks from Hilo’s beautiful bay front. For more ways to celebrate 2020 in Hilo consider:
- KapohoKine Adventures’ special paddle out to watch the fireworks plus a champagne toast for $89 – for a truly unique experience.
- The bay front Grand Naniloa Resort is hosting a concert and double-feature movie night on their Grand Lawn. See this link for more information.
– Fairmont Orchid on the Kohala Coast is hosting a New Year’s Eve Beach Party called “I Lava the New Year.” Details are to be determined. For party reservations and more information, call 808-326-4969.
– Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Kohala Coast is hosting New Year’s Eve 2020 Dinner and Party in their Grand Ballroom. Enjoy a dinner buffet while listening to live contemporary Hawaiian music. After dinner, a DJ will play all the latest hits and old favorites from 9:30pm until 2020! There will be a midnight countdown, champagne toast and balloon drop. See this link for more information.
– The hotels in Waikoloa Beach Resort on the Kohala Coast are offering several special New Year’s Eve dinners and a luau. See this link for more information.
- Additional Big Island resorts and restaurants will be offering special dining and New Year’s Eve events. If we have not mentioned your resort, check directly with them. This list is not intended to be comprehensive. It’s a list of place where we’d personally like to spend New Year’s Eve on Hawaii’s Big Island.
- A few Kohala Coast hotels typically host beachside fireworks shows, however they don’t widely advertise them due to limited space and parking. With the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel being closed for renovations this year, probably the hotel that’s most likely to host fireworks would be the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. That is purely speculation on our part. Check with them regarding what they’re offering and/or booking a room or special dining package.
- For more New Year’s Eve dining options on the Big Island, check OpenTable.com. Note that you can modify the search criteria for the number of people in your party, time, etc.
- We anticipate we will be updating this page before New Year’s Eve, so check back for new items.