If you’re going to Hawaii’s Big Island for New Year’s Eve, you’ll find festive celebrations that will surely create a memorable evening. Here are some of the top places to welcome in 2012 from the Big Island’s Kohala Coast.
* Mauna Lani Bay Hotel’s beachside restaurant CanoeHouse will offer a lovely five-course dinner from 5:30pm until 10pm. (Use this link and scroll down to see the five-course menu.) From there, festivities will move poolside for a midnight champagne toast and fireworks for guests. Pricing is $180 per person plus tax and gratuity. For reservations, call (808)881-7911.
* Also at Mauna Lani Bay Hotel, you’ll find an oceanfront New Year’s Eve buffet from 7pm to 10pm. (Use this link and scroll down to review the buffet menu.) At midnight, watch the night sky light up with fireworks for guests. Pricing is $150 per adult and $60 for children ages 5 to 12. Pricing includes tax and gratuity. For reservations, call (808)881-7911.
* Fairmont Orchid hosts a New Year’s Eve dinner and party including a dinner and dessert buffet, hosted bar, Hawaiian arts and crafts, moonlit canoe rides, Polynesian fire spectacular, dancing, midnight champagne toast and masks. This celebration will go from 7pm to 12:15 am. Tickets for the dinner and show are $200 plus tax for adults and $125 plus tax for guests under 21. For reservations and more information call (808)885-2000.
* Mauna Kea Beach Hotel will offer New Year’s Eve prix fixe dinner from 6pm to 9pm at Manta and Pavilion Wine Bar. Or you could choose to dine under the stars with a buffet on the North Point Lawn. I’m also told that there will be live entertainment and midnight fireworks for guests. See this link for more details. For reservations call (808) 882-5810.
* Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort invite you to ring in the new year at their special New Year’s Eve Luau. The evening includes a luau feast with an imu ceremony plus a countdown of New York’s midnight, which will be at 7pm Hawaii time. The luau begins a 5pm Hawaii Time and goes until 8pm. Pricing is $88 for adults and $40 for kids. Call (808)886-6789 for more information and reservations.
* Hilton Waikoloa Village will host a New Year’s Eve celebration from 7pm to 1am in the Monarchy Grand Ballroom. The celebration includes specialty dinner stations, gourmet coffee station, two drinks per person, party favors, midnight champagne toast, midnight countdown, balloon drop and entertainment. Pricing is $129 per adult, $89 for teens and $49 for children ages 5 to 12. Tax and gratuity are additional costs. Reservations are required. Call (808) 886-1234 Extension 54 to reserve. See this link for more information. There’s a few more events at Hilton Waikoloa Village , including kids and teen parties, that you can see here.
* You’ll find a New Year’s Eve buffet at Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort from 5pm to 10pm. (See the menu here.) Pricing is $88 for adults and $38 for children. Tax and gratuity are extra charges. Pricing includes admission into the New Year’s Eve celebrations that runs from 9pm to 12:30am on the Paniolo Ocean Terrace. See more after party details in the next item. For reservations or further information, call (808) 886-6789.
* At the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort, kick off 2012 in Hawaiian style on the Paniolo Ocean Terrace from 9pm to 12:30am. Includes Evening Tapa’s, Dessert Buffet, Champagne Toast, DJ, Dancing, Midnight Countdown and party favors. Pricing is $35 adults and $15 kids. For reservations or further information, call (808) 886-6789.
- I recommend you make reservations as soon as possible.
- All times, events and pricing are accurate at the time of publishing. Please note that events are subject to change.
- I will update this post as needed.
- Practice how to say Hau’oli Makahiki Hou (happy new year in Hawaiian.)
- This content was created by GoVisitHawaii.com