If you live far away from Hawaii and your longing for a taste of the islands, consider ordering a Hawaiian Happy Cake. These moist and golden pineapple, macadamia nut and coconut cakes are crazy good!
Andy and I shared a mini-happy cake for breakfast one morning from a Waikiki hotel lanai. We quickly fell in love with this cake. After we ate our slices, we scrounged and fought for crumbs.
Unfortunately, these cakes are not light on the wallet. For example, their 2 lbs Original Happy Cake is $34.95 plus the least expensive shipping option is $10.95. I have signed up for their newsletter and from time to time they have special deals. I’m hoping they’ll have a deal soon because I’d like to order a cake to share with my family at Christmas.
If you are on Oahu, you can find Happy Cakes at these locations:
- The Happy Cakes Store at 745 Keeaumoku Street in Honolulu (new)
- Waikiki – Kimo Bean Coffee Shops in the Hyatt, Ohana East, and Wyland Hotels
- Also now at Kimo Bean Coffee Shops’ new café at 2113 Kalakaua(Kalakaua/Saratoga) next to Eggs’n Things.
- Dole Plantation
- Red Pineapple at Ward Centre
- The Pearl Harbor, Hickam and Schofield Commissaries
- Marukai Wholesale Mart Dillingham & Ward
- KCC Farmer’s Market (1st Saturday every month)
Just a reminder, I am not compensated for my recommendations here at Go Visit Hawaii. I do not have a business relationship with Happy Cakes.
Have you tried Happy Cake? Did you also fall in love with them?