Pull up a chair by the Kauai Marriott Resort pool while we review today’s Hawaii vacation news.
* Marriott Resorts Hawaii is giving away 25 vacations for two to Hawaii! To enter you must have a twitter or facebook account. See all the entry details here.
* What are your Labor Day Weekend plans? According to Orbitz, Honolulu is one of the top 10 hot spot destinations and a real bargain this year.
* What’s the going hotel rate in Hawaii these days? The most recent data from June is out. Though the news continues to be bleak for Hawaii hoteliers, it couldn’t be better for us Hawaii travelers. Here are the details from the June report:
- Statewide hotel occupancy was down to 63.1% with an average daily room rate of $171
- Oahu average daily room rate: $145
- Maui average daily room rate: $227
- Kauai average daily room rate: $180
- Big Island average daily room rate: $173
* Air Canada announced that they’ll launch nonstop service from Calgary to Oahu (HNL) and Maui (OGG). This new seasonal service begins December 5, just in time for a warm winter break. Per the Maui News, one-way fares start as low as $281 from Maui to Calgary and $254 from Honolulu to Calgary.