* The Kings’ Shops at Waikoloa Beach Resort on Hawaii (Big) Island is hosting a free Polynesian show on the first and the last Fridays of each month. “Fires of Polynesia” is a 30-minute show taking spectators on a journey through the Polynesian Island through dance and music. The show even includes fire poi balls and a Samoan fire knife dancer.
* After a spectacular lava eruption at Halema’uma’u crater, the activity suddenly pauses yesterday per the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory. This most recent eruption only started on June 7th. By the way, a USGS camera captured the amazing start of the June 7th eruption. Check out that footage here.
* Costco has Southwest Airlines e-gift cards on sale. The value of the card is $500, but it costs $449.99. See this link for more information.
* There’s a Hawaii vacation sweepstakes for a trip for two to the Thirteenth Annual Hawaii Food & Wine Festival on Oahu this November. The #HFWF23 Summer Sweepstakes winner gets 160,000 HawaiianMiles, four-night stay at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort, priority tickets to two festival events. This sweepstakes is “open to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States (“Territory”) and age 21 or older at time of entry” per the official rules. See this link for more information and to enter to win.
* Last month, we wrote about the section of the “road to Hana” that’s closed for rock stabilization repairs. The County of Maui posted some very interesting photos of the work on June 14th. From the looks of it, our guess is that the work could be ongoing for weeks. As we’ve previously mentioned, this road closure should not impact any of the amazing road to Hana stops accessed from east Maui.