* Tropical Storm Guillermo is forecast to skirt north of the Hawaiian Islands, though some of the islands may experience heavy rain, strong winds and high surf. The following image from NOAA shows the predicted path of the storm.
* Henry Kapono, famous Hawaii singer and songwriter, is giving away a Hawaii vacation that includes roundtrip tickets on Alaska Air, a stay at Hilton Hawaiian Village and VIP tickets to Henry Kapono & Friends Back In The Day Concert on Saturday, August 22, 2015 at the Waikiki Shell. You must be age 21 years or older to enter. Click this link to enter and get more information.
* There’s a new website that helps you determine what fruits, vegetables and flowers you might be able to bring to the US Mainland from Hawaii and from foreign countries. The site is CanIBringIt.com. While we’re on this topic, it’s probably a good refresher to review what you can bring to Hawaii from the US Mainland and to remind you that you must complete an agricultural declaration form when flying to Hawaii.
* The Bishop Museum in Honolulu honors the legacy of Hawaii Olympic swimming champion and ambassador of aloha, Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, with a special exhibit. Experience the rush of Duke’s legendary mile-long surfboard ride at Waikiki via a virtual reality 3D experience. This special exhibit runs from August 8 through November 30.
* Travaasa Hana on Maui has started a $12 million guest room restoration project that’s due to complete later this year.