* If you need a virtual visit to Oahu, Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau along with Google Maps has added 360-degree views of Oahu parks and trails. It’s really neat, so do check it out.
* If you are visiting Waikiki this fall, you could take advantage of a deal for a spa day at Na Ho’ola Spa in the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. The regular price for the massage and facial services is $300, but this offer through Travelzoo brings the price down to $149. See the following link for more Hawaii spa, hotel and activity deals.
* JW Marriott Ihilani at Ko Olina Resort on Oahu is due to close in early 2015 for renovation and rebranding. The rumor is that Four Seasons Hotels will take over management of the property in 2015. See this article for more information.
* As you are looking for a restaurant on your Hawaii vacation, you may want to pay attention to the new color-coded food safety placard system being implemented by the Hawaii Department of Health. This three-color system uses green placards to indicate the restaurant passes with no more than one critical violation. A yellow “conditional” card signifies the restaurant scored two or more critical violations. Restaurants receiving a red card need to be closed immediately because they pose an imminent health hazard. Here’s a Hawaii News Now segment about the current status of this new food safety grading system.
* Folks on Hawaii’s Big Island are keeping a close eye on the current lava flow that’s currently moving in the direction of populated areas. This Big Island Video News post provides images and details on this lava flow. Per the Hawaii Volcano Observatory, this lava flow is only visible by air tours for the general public.