* Thankfully tropical storms Iselle and Julio have passed and sunny skies have returned to Hawaii.
* We’re finally seeing Hawaiian Airlines dip their fares into the upper $300s from the mid $400s — a seasonal best rate. Fares are now starting at $398 roundtrip but you must book by August 18 and travel from August 19 through December 12, 2014. For a quick search of the lowest fares available from your home airport, we like to use CheapAir.com.
* The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel — a beachfront hotel on Sans Souci Beach at the Diamond Head side of Waikiki Beach — celebrates 50 years of Aloha with a $4.5 million renovation, photo contest and special rates.
- During this month of October 2014, the newly renovated suites are 50% off with a three-night minimum stay. Use promo code SUITE50 at Kaimana.com for this special offer.
- Book three consecutive nights or more in the Superior, Deluxe, or Suite rooms during the month of October, and receive a $50 “Added Value” dining credit per room.
- The hotel is hosting a photo contest that’s themed “Kaimana Memories.” The hotel invites both local residents and travelers to the island of Oahu to share their fondest memories of the property and its surrounding areas. The submitted images should be either one of the two categories. Current photos of unique, positive, aspiring, funny images, OR nostalgic (photos of the past, 20+ years ago). Submit photo with a brief description contents and location to email@example.com or to your own Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages. Please make sure to set the photo setting to public anduse the hashtag #kaimanaphotocontest. Twenty (20) winners will receive a $50 gift certificate good for any of our dining facility. Winners will be notified on September 30, 2014.
* Travelzoo has a great offer for the five-star Mauna Lani Bay Hotel on Hawaii Island. An oceanview room is $233 per night when you purchase the three-day voucher for $699. You could reduce the rate down to $222 per night with a five-night stay voucher for $1109. Learn more about the deal here.
* Spa Finder’s Aloha Paradise sweepstakes is giving away $2,000 for airfare, $2,700 in resort credits at Travaasa Hana on Maui. See the contest details here.
* Travaasa is giving away a three-night stay for two plus $500 in airfare credits in their fun Pool Duel contest. Learn more about the contest here.
* Sheraton Waikiki has added a 3D pool light show, Helumoa. The show is open to resort guests and the general public for viewing nightly at 8pm and 9pm.
* Battleship Missouri Memorial has launched a nationwide “Ship It Forward” campaign and Facebook contest with the opportunity to win roundtrip airfare to Hawaii. To learn more about this contest see this link.