Hawaii Vacation Deals & News: November 29, 2012
* American Airlines has a fare sale to Hawaii with flights as low as $316 round trip, including taxes and fees. You’ll need to book by December 3rd and complete your travel by March 31, 2013.
* Hawaiian Airlines has put fares to Maui on sale over the travel period of January 8 – March 6, 2013. You will need to book by December 3. Fares to Maui start at $464 round trip.
* We were quoted in this Fox Business News article on ways to save on Hawaii.
* The 9th Annual Kona Surf Film Festival is all set for December 7th and 8th at the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel. The event features films, music, art, food and drinks. See more about this event at www.konasurffilmfestival.org.
* Speaking of Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows, this Kohala Coast luxury resort is gearing up for a $30 million renovation in 2013.
* Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach has recently completed an $18 million makeover. We really love staying in newly renovated hotels while everything is nice and clean. Another plus to this hotel is that it is one of the few resorts that’s on Waikiki Beach as we describe on our Oahu—Where to Stay page.
* The Bishop Museum is going to get buggy, on purpose. Xtreme BUGS is coming to this Oahu museum from December 8 – March 31, 2013. By the way, we recommend the Bishop Museum at any time, but it’s an especially good place to see on a rainy day on Oahu.
As far as saving money… I recommend packing a decent thermos and insulated lunch bag for keeping snacks in the car or back-pack. I would also recommend buying a 12-pack of bottled water and stock up instead of buying single bottles. Get coffee at 7-11 instead of a coffee shop. Etc…
It’s easier than you think to spend up to $20 per day on nothing but beverages. Same with snacks. Watching little things like that can easily save you a couple of hundred bucks over several days. Then you can spend that money on something more memorable. Like a tattoo. 😉